Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Still Life Passages

Options
  • 06-05-2007 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Well Im trying to do my work for the art project on Tuesday but I have a problem.
    The still life passages my teacher gave to me dont have passage C or D on them!
    Could someone write those up for me on this board please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 interpolian

Passage C

It was a secluded spot int the shade of a coral tree, next to a wall that was covered with bougainvillea. Along the length of the wall was a row of potted poinsettias. the bougainvillea had also crept through the tree. The contrast between its pruple bracts and the red flowers of the tree was very pretty. And when that tree was in bloom, it was a regular aviary of crows, mynahs, babblers, rosy pastors, sunbirds and parakeets.The wall was to my right , at a wide angle. Ahead of me and to my left, beyond the milky, mottled shade of tree, lay the sun-dremched open space of the yard. the appearence of things changed, of course depending on the weather , the time of day, the time of year. But it's all very clear in my memory as if it never changed.
    From Life of Pi by Yann Martel courtesy of Canondage books

Passage D

The crew NASA chose for this landmark mission consists of Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Mike Collins, and they're a peculiar trio. The flight plan called fpr Collins to orbit the moon in exhalted frustration, tending to the ship that would provide their ride home the command Module Columbia, while his colleagues dropped to the surfacein the Eagle lander. He is a communicative character; enjoys fine wines and good books; paints and grows roses. But Armstrong is remote and self reliant- Collins strikes him, but cant find a way through his defenses- while live-wireAldrin just strikes him as dangerous.
    The build up to the mission was insane, ON one occasion the astronauts went on a geology trip to the mountains but couldnt hear a word their instructors were saying for the sounds of media choppers jostling and whirring overhead like ravenous giant mosquitos. No one knows for sure whats up there, so newspapers and TV current affairs programmes have been assuring audiences the Moondust on the austronauts abominable snowman suits will ignite the moment it comes into contact with oxygen back in the Eagles cabin, if it doesnt simply explode underfoot. Another warns thats the surface may be composed entirely of dust into which the craft will sink embarrassingly the moment it touches down never to be seen again. Still more experts worry over the prspects of inadvertently bringing back an alien bacterium that will destroy all life on earth, as in the Sci fi movies the Quatermass experimant of The Andromeda Strain. Magazines contain drawings of what ctrange, sunterrean creatures may lurk below the surface, hungry for roly poly white snow men from earth
    Fron moondust by andrew smith

there may be alot of typos in there sorry,
    not to sure what were meant to do for the still life cann u fill me in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Yuphrum

Thanks for that.
    Basically you have to take certain objects from 1 of the passages (3would be best, at least) and just draw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 quacks

Can someone fill me in on what it means when it says your starting point and rationale should be stated. Can you just pick random objects out of the passage or does your collection of things have to have a meaning behind it?:o
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 originalcupcake

quacks wrote:
    Can someone fill me in on what it means when it says your starting point and rationale should be stated. Can you just pick random objects out of the passage or does your collection of things have to have a meaning behind it?:o
    Thanks

on the back ur sposed to write where the idea came from, ie. which part of the text inspired ur piece.

u can pick out random things, but ud prob be better off to have a meaning of some kind behind ur idea, maybe linking the objects??

hopefully dat helps??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Agri_trust

I completely made a balls of the still life, I completely freaked out and threw stuff from my head on the page for the last half an hour. At one stage I sat there crying.

I did the imaginative still life, I drew feathers and dandilions being blown through watercoloured clouds. I wanted an A1 but I dont know what standard my still life was because I got so flusterd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Agri_trust wrote:
    I completely made a balls of the still life, I completely freaked out and threw stuff from my head on the page for the last half an hour. At one stage I sat there crying.

I did the imaginative still life, I drew feathers and dandilions being blown through watercoloured clouds. I wanted an A1 but I dont know what standard my still life was because I got so flusterd.

Wow that sounds really good. I haven't really looked at mine to be honest! I have my still life on wednesday. my craftwork is tomorrow...i'm so screwed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Agri_trust

Wow that sounds really good. I haven't really looked at mine to be honest! I have my still life on wednesday. my craftwork is tomorrow...i'm so screwed!!!

Just relax about it, thats what I didnt do, I got so wound up thinking about getting marks that I ****ed up what was infront of me. If ya need a breather, go out to toilet and just get yerself back to form. Dont sit there shaking and hoping that your hand will get devine intervention.

Art shouldnt be examined this way at all, masterpieces take time to create like :D . I suppose they have to do it this way though to avoid all the "but what if they get some one else to do it for them".

What are ya doing for your craftwork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

I'm gonna do a breakfast scene still life. I'm SO original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Spank wrote:
    I'm gonna do a breakfast scene still life. I'm SO original.

That's what I was thinking of doing? What passage did you get it from?

Advertisement