Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United Premiership Champs

• 06-05-2007 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭

Well done to United.

Champions of the league once again, ronaldo has been superb for them this season.

2 more to go ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

congrats to all the united players and fergie. united have won the title playing football as it should be played. im delighted. is this uniteds greatest league achievement under fergie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Good to hear those words again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's been too long since this feeling :)
    The premiership back to where it belongs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Congrats. It's a pity it finished today, would have been good for the game on Wednesday to mean something (more than just a pride thing) and then maybe go down to the wire.

Hopefully Utd take the foot off and let West Ham win next week while having their eyes on the FA cup final and get Sheff Utd relegated (no offence shedd utd fans, i just hate Warnock)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

congats,roll on wednesday so we can rub salt in the wound

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Congrats guys n gals.

Pld gg etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Go United champs again

Alex Ferguson the greatest manager ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Ahh, now you are going a bit far Bingo.
    Good season, not best manager ever.

But that's a discussion for another day, just bask for a while boyos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Well done to United.

Champions of the league once again, ronaldo has been superb for them this season.

2 more to go ;)

Dont you mean 1 more to go :D Just as a Liverpool fan, I know I shouldn't even be on this thread but are you utd fans bitter about not doing the treble?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Well done to Man Utd. - they definatly deserved to win the title. They have been the most consistent team over the course of the season.

West ham will also be pleased that their match against Man Utd next weekend at Old trafford is not a "must win game" for United. It may be easier for them to win there...

The period around christmas was the time that Man Utd were slipping up, yet Chelsea couldnt take advantage of it. The best team, over the year, won the title.

Once again, well done Man Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Stekelly wrote:

Hopefully Utd take the foot off and let West Ham win next week while having their eyes on the FA cup final and get Sheff Utd relegated (no offence shedd utd fans, i just hate Warnock)

No chance they denied us our championship the year Blackburn wont it:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Well done to United.

2 more to go ;)

We'll get there :D

I'm particurly happy for the newer players who have not won it before and Giggsy of course who beat Alan Hansens record of league winner medals.

Looking forward to the visit to stamford bridge and the guard of honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

Congrats ManU. Well deserved champs this season. Played good football throughout the season and were much more exciting to watch than Chelsea.

Giggs is officially the most successful player ever in English league football. What a player

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Stekelly wrote:

Naaa, I say stuff it to them to make up for 1995 when the Hammers prevented them from winning the title :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

should be a party atmosphere at old trafford at the weekend,i shall be there

Am I right in saying we can't lift the trophy until at home at Old Trafford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Great league victory, tbh made all the more sweeter for me since I grew up during the 90s with us winning nearly every year, having not been up to that standard over the past few years has made this victory even better

PHB wrote:
    Am I right in saying we can't lift the trophy until at home at Old Trafford?

Do they not usually have it at the first available time that a team can win it? ie Utd couldnt guarentee it with a win yesterday so no trophy then with the Chelsea game deciding th etitle, the next available game is Wednesday.

Did Chelsea not lift the trophy at the Reebok 2 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

fantastic

• Advertisement

I don't know, Steve Bruce was ironically giving out that Brum couldn't get the title cause they were away, so I thought it might be the same.
    To be honest, I hope we lift it at home, more fitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PHB wrote:
    I don't know, Steve Bruce was ironically giving out that Brum couldn't get the title cause they were away, so I thought it might be the same.
    To be honest, I hope we lift it at home, more fitting.
    same here.

If we win at the bridge, i'd love to see the lads get it there, but i'd hate to see us lifting it in front of just a couple of thousand after a loss to chelsea. lifting it at a packed OT would be perfect really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

FERGIE on sky now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Stekelly wrote:
    Do they not usually have it at the first available time that a team can win it? ie Utd couldnt guarentee it with a win yesterday so no trophy then with the Chelsea game deciding th etitle, the next available game is Wednesday.

Did Chelsea not lift the trophy at the Reebok 2 years ago?

Arsenal won it at spurs aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Dont you mean 1 more to go :D Just as a Liverpool fan, I know I shouldn't even be on this thread but are you utd fans bitter about not doing the treble?

BITTER? wtf are you on lad, bitter is not a word that you can associate with united at this point in time, id call it elation. who cares about the milan game now, thats all forgotten.

fergie live on the tv now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Guard of Honour on Wednesday, better happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

fergie live on the tv now.

what's he saying? any jiucy digs? i had to hand over control of the remote :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Congrats lads, Yee deserve it with the excellent exciting attacking football yee played all year. Well Done. :)

Hopefully pool will be in a position to give yee and chelsea a run for yer money next season! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Champions!

• Advertisement

Trebles happen once in a few decades. Hell, the domestic treble still hasn't been done.

The league is what it's all about :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

PHB wrote:
    Trebles happen once in a few decades.

The league is what it's all about :)

QFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! That makes up for midweek. Jose sounded humble in defeat, I think we will wait until next Saturday to lift the trophy. Now to try and get a ticket

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Congrats to United. The most consistent team this year.

What did Fergie say :) I had to watch the match in a pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Championes, Championes, ole ole ole!!!!

Great season, about time we got back to where we belong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yay :) Can't wait for Wednesday

At least we achieved the treble.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

i think what thanx 4 the fish meant was only 2 more league titles to catch liverpools record of 18 which i think isnt far off the way utd are playing;)

At least we achieved the treble.;)

A treble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great day for United. The title is back where it belongs.

Credit to Chelsea too for a brave display. I didn't think they had a hope at half-time but they didn't give up. The best team won the league though.

It's ironic that Mourinho branded Ronaldo uneducated yet it was Ron who ended up teaching Jose a lesson.

Now onwards for the double...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

It's ironic that Mourinho branded Ronaldo uneducated yet it was Ron who ended up teaching Jose a lesson.

Man, that's just corny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Stekelly wrote:
    A treble

nah ye got A treble, United got THE treble.

lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

we've won it nine times.... we've won it nine times....:D

Delighted. now the match on wednesday will be easy to watch

nah ye got A treble, United got THE treble.

lol :D

:D

But seriously, before 99 , the generally accepted and most used criteria for THE Treble was the domestic competitions. They might not be the best 3 competitions but just like th edouble is the FA cup and the league, the treble was and is, the domestic treble. Utd decided to take it as their own. Winning the league and champions league would be a double but THE double is always the league & fa cup.

If Liverpool go out and win th eleague, FA cup and CL next season my thoughts wouldnt change on it. The Quadrouple, now thats different :) thats a recent invention. Obviously, if Liverpool win that I will be proclaiming them Kings of the Universe for evermore, and will have won THE quadrouple.:)

Let's just agree we got different trebles

United got:

The premiership
    The FA Cup
    The Champions League

Liverpool got:

The League Cup
    The FA Cup
    The UEFA Cup

Different trebles.
    The treble I've always wanted was the domestic treble to be honest.

Either way, today is about the league, what I wanted most, and I'm very happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

who woulda thunk it this time last season?

who woulda thunk it this time last season?

Optomistic UTD fans .:)

I'll bet someone will trawl though last years threads and proclaim themsleves a prophet. :)

People who kept believing :) Somebody should drag up the predictions thread :)

Who was it that thought United would be outside the top 4 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

why are we making this into another liverpool/manu debate. jeez

joe316 wrote:
    why are we making this into another liverpool/manu debate. jeez

Nobody turned it into anything. It was a THE treble/double etc VS A Treble/Double etc discussion. The teams invovled were irrelevant. They just happen to be the only teams winninh multiple tarophies lately :D (relax Chelsea & Arsenal fans, you guy are cool too:) )

Dont try stir up a row where there wasnt one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement