Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should the Taoiseach resign?

Options
124»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

is the bertiegate video available anywhere - the one with Brian dobson?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Red Alert wrote:
    is the bertiegate video available anywhere - the one with Brian dobson?

Find the date it was broadcast and look on the RTÉ news archives.

@Jean Dwyer - your post insults everyone in this country, I hope you get banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭SeanW

sdonn_1 wrote:
    @Jean Dwyer - your post insults everyone in this country, I hope you get banned.
    No, they only insult FF voters.

As a person who intends to vote for everyone-but-FF in sequential order of nonalignment with them, I think its a fairly accurate description.

To give my final answer to the OPs question should Bertie resign over this single incident (with the Dail already dissolved so it wouldn't make much difference), I say no he shouldn't resign, we should **** him and his clowns out the door on the 24th.

In the interim we should put this matter to the Tribunals so that the opposition can focus on actual issues instead of constant headlines about Berties house, which as Enda Kenny rightly pointed out, most people were sick and tired of.

I don't think this stuff is benefitting the alternative coalition, so quite frankly, I'd have to ask who it IS benefitting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

sdonn_1 wrote:

They're a sensitive bunch alright, the FF'ers that is.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jean Dwyer

sdonn_1 wrote:

Why because Bertie shafting the Irish people ???
    The only reasons you'd be insulted is because you firstly have no sense of humour and secondly you are jealous he didn't give it to you personally.
    Man I hate stupid people.
    Of course the stupid people of Dublin central will vote him in again.
    One day this country will wake up and realise that they are better than the crap we are force fed and have to persevere with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I heard something today on newstalk about how Bertie withheld a file (relating to Harry Wheelehan & Brendan Smith) from Albert which was a reason why Albert couldn't explain himself. Or something to that effect.
    Did anyone hear more about this? I can't find anything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

You mean this one http://www.newstalk.ie/news.aspx?id=37209
    9/05/2007 19:09:33

Former Taoiseach Albert Reynolds claims Bertie Ahern withheld a key file from him relating to the extradition of paedophile priest Fr Brendan Smith - a controversy which ultimately led to his downfall. In 1994, Mr Reynolds was forced to resign as Taoiseach after his Attorney General Harry Whelahan mishandled an attempt to extradite Fr Smith. Speaking to Newstalk earlier, Albert Reynolds said that if he had got that file - which he claims was in Bertie Ahern's posession - then he could have clarified the situation and remained in office. Speaking to Newstalk eariler, the only proof of his honesty was contained in a report on Fr. Smith that Bertie never gave him.

So if this is true Bertie only became leader of FF and thus Taoiseach by shafting his former boss, more character development. Gives more strength to the argument that someone in FF is behind the leaks out for revenge.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Cheers.
    Strange of Albert to help the opposition at this time.
    However, nothing has been made of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I'll hand one thing to Bertie - he has a quare thick neck on him..... Christ, Ivor only got the house painted FFS :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

SeanW wrote:
    I'm not so sure. I thought you had to cross a cheque to make it cashable by the payee only, but add "A/C Payee Only" between the cross lines to add the extra protection of forcing it to be put into the payees account.
    Do you really think that the Dept of Finance (of all people) don't know how to properly cross a cheque?

• Advertisement
Advertisement