Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of getting an N95

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

You do have a point there; do I really want to risk a cheap knockoff in such an expensive phone :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

JohnK wrote:
    You do have a point there; do I really want to risk a cheap knockoff in such an expensive phone :eek:

Here is a genuine battery in uk, Just bid on this instead of buying a hong kong one
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-Genuine-Nokia-N95-E65-N93i-Battery-BL-5F_W0QQitemZ160119478389QQihZ006QQcategoryZ20365QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I like the price of that but it'll be too long before the auction finishes. I'll be off to London again for the June weekend so need to have any spare batteries for then at that will be my real test for the phone.

JohnK wrote:
    I like the price of that but it'll be too long before the auction finishes. I'll be off to London again for the June weekend so need to have any spare batteries for then at that will be my real test for the phone.

Just ask the seller to end it early.He might and you should have it early next week.

I ended up buying 2 from a different guy (UK) and delivered should come to £20 or about €30.

• Advertisement

JohnK wrote:
    I ended up buying 2 from a different guy (UK) and delivered should come to £20 or about €30.

Thats alright for 2 batteries.Does he have any more.Can you pm me his username if has more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

drdre wrote:
    Thats alright for 2 batteries.Does he have any more.Can you pm me his username if has more.

Me too. Did you bother get an external charger in the end ?

PM's sent to you both :)

foobar, I got a dual charger which will charge the phone & spare battery at the same time (or either one)

JohnK wrote:
    PM's sent to you both :)

foobar, I got a dual charger which will charge the phone & spare battery at the same time (or either one)
    Thanks

JohnK wrote:

Thats pretty neat. Might get one of them as well.

• Advertisement

foobar wrote:
    Thats pretty neat. Might get one of them as well.

Yeah its a good idea then you will never run out of battery again

The phone's here :D

I dont know what to look at first!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Glad you got it ok John!

As Professor Farnsworth would say Sweet Zombie Jesus! I've had it on for about 2.5 hours and its giving a low battery warning :eek:

Those spare batteries better arrive quick :p

You need to fully charge it and run it down several times before you get the best life out of it

Something tells me I wont have any problem running it down :D
    How long does it take to recharge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

JohnK wrote:
    Something tells me I wont have any problem running it down :D
    How long does it take to recharge?

Longer than it takes to run down. I use a charger at night and a charger all day in the office. Oh and a car charger for the GPS.

Nokia used to recommend you charge new phones overnight for the first few charges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

my n95 has lasted for 24 hours, if i leave it alone now.. (it will show 1/2 bars then).

The very first time i charge it, it lasted for 4 hours, but i was literally playing with it for 4 hours with bluetooth, wi-fi, gps all on :D

It easily lasts from morning to night now.. i just charge it overnight. it's showing a full battery now - it was charged about 18 hours ago and i've made about 30mins phone calls, a few texts, and taken a few pics/video..

The battery 'problem' is not a problem - it's the same as any other phone - if you use it non-stop, it will eat battery. Once the novelty wears off, it will last longer ;)

• Advertisement

Did any of you lot have trouble trying to update the firmware? All I keep getting is the Phone Recovery screen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Few questions for you N95’ers (I’m jealous by the way!)

1. Have any of you paid extra for the voice guided GPS and is it any good
    2. Do you worry about losing it? I’d be afraid to take it out for a nite out
    3. Do you think it will drop in price anytime soon
    4. Can you use the net in landscape style? Is opera mini used or something else
    5. Will you be using this as your main camera? E.g. if you go on holidays will this do?
    6. What video formats can it play? Avi, mpeg?

I know I could google a lot of this but I like hearing it first hand off you guys so cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Anywhere in town doing them for a half reasonable price yet?

JohnK wrote:
    Did any of you lot have trouble trying to update the firmware? All I keep getting is the Phone Recovery screen :(

I got my N95 yesterday.The first thing i did was upgrade Nokia pc software and then i updated the firmware. The firmware went from v10.0.018 to v11.0.026.
    The whole process was hassle free.

I updated all the nokia software too before trying the firmware but still had no luck with it. I'll try on another computer, maybe that'll make a difference. How long did the firmware update take?

JohnK wrote:
    How long did the firmware update take?

Around 5 minutes .

Arathorn wrote:
    Few questions for you N95’ers (I’m jealous by the way!)

1. Have any of you paid extra for the voice guided GPS and is it any good
    2. Do you worry about losing it? I’d be afraid to take it out for a nite out
    3. Do you think it will drop in price anytime soon
    4. Can you use the net in landscape style? Is opera mini used or something else
    5. Will you be using this as your main camera? E.g. if you go on holidays will this do?
    6. What video formats can it play? Avi, mpeg?

I know I could google a lot of this but I like hearing it first hand off you guys so cheers
    #1. Only just played with the GPS for the first time a few seconds ago but I dont think I'd pay for voice guided stuff
    #2. I'll probably take my old phone if going to the pub (for a while anyway). No point risking a brand new expensive phone when I got an old and crappy one here.
    #3. Probably not.
    #4. Yes, one of the browser options is to rotate the screen and I just tested it so it does work.
    #5. Probably not to be honest. I prefer the fast operation of actual cameras as opposed to the point-shoot-wait-wait-wait-wait of camera phones.
    #6. The only format I've tested so far is .mp4 but from reading the net it seems you can get other players that'll play pretty much anything.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

JohnK wrote:
    #1. Only just played with the GPS for the first time a few seconds ago but I dont think I'd pay for voice guided stuff
    #2. I'll probably take my old phone if going to the pub (for a while anyway). No point risking a brand new expensive phone when I got an old and crappy one here.
    #3. Probably not.
    #4. Yes, one of the browser options is to rotate the screen and I just tested it so it does work.
    #5. Probably not to be honest. I prefer the fast operation of actual cameras as opposed to the point-shoot-wait-wait-wait-wait of camera phones.
    #6. The only format I've tested so far is .mp4 but from reading the net it seems you can get other players that'll play pretty much anything.

I want one of these soooo much:(

Are any of you lot with N95's on O2 prepay? I cant get my bloody GPRS or MMS working; I'm guessing I have the wrong settings somewhere but I cant figure it out :o

• Advertisement

yay ! Got mine yesterday! Couldn't wait to buy it off the web so paid the bit
    Extra and got it in 3g. I'm ****in delighted its so so so amazin everythings workin
    Perfectly no prob's at all. Camera quality its brill and sat nav is great. Have been
    Using it non stop since yesterday and only charged it for a while. Once you charge
    It overnight or in the car the battery wont be a problem.

The strange thing is that i bought it sim free but it still worked perfectly no
    Straight away. All the settings there straight away (o2 bill).

Definately a must have guys would recommend it to anyone
    I'd give it 9 outta 10 only down sides are that you dont get a memory card with it
    And the settings and options and crap like that are in different than normal nokia
    Places. But wont take too long to get used to!
    One other thing i love is the full and proper web access and browsing esp over wifi
    Like pure example is me putting up this post on it now

Anyway lads trust me. Get it. The price is a minor detail. I now have my mobile, sat nav
    Ipod, digital camera and pda all in one ! ! Wow i'm in heaven !

Advertisement