Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of getting an N95

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

anyone got an update on the best price for these is , thinking of getting it now fed up waiting for the networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

tvr wrote:
    anyone got an update on the best price for these is , thinking of getting it now fed up waiting for the networks.

There is afew in the buy and sell.I wouldnt wait for the networks or you might be waiting till next year with our slow networks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I was in the 3 store on Grafton street on Thursday and enquired about the release of the N95.

What I was told.... 3 were going to release the N95 this month but it was delayed for another 3 months because of a software issue. However, they now reckon it will be late this year or next year before its release on 3. Again, its because of a software issue.

Info from the stores isn't always accurate so keep that in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

John K - Theres a sticky on the board with all the settings required. Failing that if you bother to read through the manual supplied with the phone you should find a mention of the nokia settings configurator available here http://www.nokia.ie/A4202188

The amount of people wanting spoon feeding.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

That sites all well and good except I went through it about 5 times and it never sent anything out which is why I asked here. I've also tried the info in the sticky and again its still not working.

• Advertisement

JohnK wrote:
    That sites all well and good except I went through it about 5 times and it never sent anything out which is why I asked here. I've also tried the info in the sticky and again its still not working.

There must be a nokia service centre in cork, Just go to them and get it flashed with latest software and ask them to put on the settings.They should do it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Are these easy to unlock or do you need the manufacturer to give you a code? Im looking to replace my K750i and i wouldnt mind either this or a SE K810i.

drdre wrote:
    There must be a nokia service centre in cork, Just go to them and get it flashed with latest software and ask them to put on the settings.They should do it for you.
    Hadn't thought of them but yeah I think there is one nearby alright. Its just a pain to have to go into them for what should be a simple task.

JohnK wrote:
    Hadn't thought of them but yeah I think there is one nearby alright. Its just a pain to have to go into them for what should be a simple task.

Yeah but you never know where might be a new software version out so you can get the both done in 1 go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭boomboombazza

sounds like a criminal amount of money to spend on a phone.i doubt you could listen to a full album without the battery dying so if ya cant use the features it has while 'on the go' its not really a 'mobile' phone ,if ya have to have it plugged in to the charger half the time i dont see the point

• Advertisement

sounds like a criminal amount of money to spend on a phone.i doubt you could listen to a full album without the battery dying so if ya cant use the features it has while 'on the go' its not really a 'mobile' phone ,if ya have to have it plugged in to the charger half the time i dont see the point

Its well worth the money.Just buy a spare battery and you are fine.If you are in the car just have a car charger and if you are work/home just have a normal or desktop charger,Battery isnt a big issue at all

does it matter what firmware the phone comes with? Is it only orange and vodafone who are diabling the wifi internet call function?

DUDE ! Sounds like you just want the easy yay out. The phone is bloody amazing. I mean seriously amazing ! ! I've used it since last thurs practically non stop and have just charged it at night which is what i always do with every phone and most people do anyway ! And i've used it as iPod in the gym for over an hour and half each day ! And the battery seems to just get better and better. I know people are giving out about the price but trust me its well westi it plus with jrey on here selling them for 650 its really not that expensive. And its also just not worth waiting for the networks to bring it out. At this rate it'll be next year by the time they bring it out !

Just take the advice of everyone on the board and get the phone !

can i use nokia built in sat nav for cities such as beijing and sydeny etc while also installing route 66 for symbian if I want detailed full irish coverage? I presume the built gps can run with any mapping software?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

DUDE ! Sounds like you just want the easy yay out. The phone is bloody amazing. I mean seriously amazing ! ! I've used it since last thurs practically non stop and have just charged it at night which is what i always do with every phone and most people do anyway ! And i've used it as iPod in the gym for over an hour and half each day ! And the battery seems to just get better and better. I know people are giving out about the price but trust me its well westi it plus with jrey on here selling them for 650 its really not that expensive. And its also just not worth waiting for the networks to bring it out. At this rate it'll be next year by the time they bring it out !

Just take the advice of everyone on the board and get the phone !

Thanks for the recommendation Spyguy!

Tvr, I'll be waiting for your pm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

tvr wrote:
    can i use nokia built in sat nav for cities such as beijing and sydeny etc while also installing route 66 for symbian if I want detailed full irish coverage? I presume the built gps can run with any mapping software?

Nav4all.com works fine now and is free also but you need a data connection for it. Thereoetically it is more up to date as it is based on navteq maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'd give it 9 outta 10 only down sides are that you dont get a memory card with it

Mine came with a 1gb memory card.
    You sure yours isn't hiding somewhere?
    Or maybe it should be there but just isn't?
    Check the list of contents, just to be sure.

JohnK wrote:
    Are any of you lot with N95's on O2 prepay? I cant get my bloody GPRS or MMS working; I'm guessing I have the wrong settings somewhere but I cant figure it out :o

I rang Meteor customer care last night about my settings.
    The guy didn't have the settings, but he went onto the Nokia website, got the settings, and sent them to me by text.
    Easy as.

That said, I'm gonna have to change networks to make the most out of the phone. Can anyone suggest the best network for 3G related stuff?

Well I've droped it into a service center to get the firmware upgraded but when I get it back I'll try going through the wizard on the nokia site again. I tried it a good few times but even giving it a few days nothing ever arrived :(. I think I went through something on the 02 site as well but had no luck with that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Soarer wrote:
    Can anyone suggest the best network for 3G related stuff?

Vodafone are your only real option I think. I don't think 3 will let you near their network without a phone running their own firmware??? Certainly make it difficult anyway iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Vodafone are your only real option I think. I don't think 3 will let you near their network without a phone running their own firmware??? Certainly make it difficult anyway iirc.

I'm afraid this is an urban myth, I run my 3 SIM in myriad non-3 phones.

JohnK wrote:
    Well I've droped it into a service center to get the firmware upgraded but when I get it back I'll try going through the wizard on the nokia site again. I tried it a good few times but even giving it a few days nothing ever arrived :(. I think I went through something on the 02 site as well but had no luck with that either.
    AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JESUS H ****ING CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The phone died when they tried to flash it with the newest firmware and now they tell me it wont even turn on. They have to send it to some crowd in Dublin and I’m not going to get it back until Friday of next week! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    The whole reason I bought the phone now was so I could take it London with me this weekend for a proper test and instead I have to go with my old piece of **** :mad:
    Why the **** didn’t I wait until I got back before I sent it in?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I’m going to go off and have a cry now :(:(:(:(:(:(

JohnK wrote:
    Why the **** didn’t I wait until I got back before I sent it in?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Don't mind that.
    Why the **** didn't those langers in the Nokia centre have the phone properly charged before they tried to flash the memory??:confused:
    There's even a warning message comes up before you do it to warn you that you need to have the phone fully charged before updating the software!

I'd tear strips off them if they did that to my phone. That's plain and simple professional incompetence!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

culabula wrote:

There ya go.. Can you access all the 3G services like Video Calling and their Online Portal too?

culabula wrote:

No it isn't. You were an existing three customer. Anybody now signing up to 3 billpay will not be able to use their sim in a n95. it's just as well that they have 14 day money back guarantee. I've had a friends 3 sim work in mine who was ao existing customer but my own and another persons new billpay sims wouldn't.

There ya go.. Can you access all the 3G services like Video Calling and their Online Portal too?

Yes

No it isn't. You were an existing three customer. Anybody now signing up to 3 billpay will not be able to use their sim in a n95. it's just as well that they have 14 day money back guarantee. I've had a friends 3 sim work in mine who was ao existing customer but my own and another persons new billpay sims wouldn't.

From the 08/01?

culabula wrote:
    From the 08/01?

Did they have the same terms and conditions then?

Did they have the same terms and conditions then?

Nothing has changed that I am aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭massivemagumbos

i've just bought a sim-free N95 online. i've got a 3pay sim card.

i'm assuming everything will work fine and go smooth? is there anything i need to do once i get it, or any advice to get full functionality.

my home has wireless broadband so i'm hoping to be able to use the full internet browser and then 3's services that i have at the moment on my k800i??

i'm pretty sure i can get around the battery problems wit home/office/car charging??

Advertisement