Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduation night

Options
  • 06-05-2007 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hey there im just wondering if graduation nights are standard in all schools across the country just think its abit crazy 3 weeks before the leaving cert everyone going out getting hammered are we all on a level playing field:D :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Our school doesn't even have a graduation.We have a ''prize-giving'' is basically 75% giving out sport awards, 18% speeches and 7% other stuff.It sucks on so many levels.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mine's on the 22nd of May. There's at least one other school in the city also having theirs that night. And then there's Trinity Rooms Graduation Disco on the Wednesday night, which is when the booze will really start flowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Yeah, we'll all be getting arsefaced on the 24th of May :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Ours is on the 24th too. There's a mass, then a few "civilised drinks" with the teachers in the pub down the road, then into town.. and that's where the fun begins. At least three other schools in Cork are having them on the 24th too. When are people's actual grads/debs though? Ours are in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Ours is on the 18th, it was brought back a week... so we're finishing early. I think it's too far from the LC really, the 25th (original date) would have been better...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

we have our "prize giving" and formal night/mass on the 22nd, then on the 23rd the teachers are getting rid of all the other students in the school (I'm not entirely sure how but anyway...) and we'll all go and play football together (students and teachers) and then there's a barbecue. Originally the formal night was the 23rd but because of pressures from champions league supporters, the principal changed it...

I'm really looking forward to the end myself, I've really enjoyed my time in secondary school and 6th year has been great but I'm ready to leave. In my school they're letting sixth years come in after that "last day" to study, there'll be a room set aside for us. This happen in any other schools?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Ours is the 18th, a ceremony during the day then town that night...cant wait!!

I dont think they're setting aside a room for us to study, but the house exams for other year are on the two weeks after we leave, so Im sure there'll be no problem in us going in and finding a room somewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

im the same as enemy of the fate, our school has a prize giving which is on the 16th/17th may ( not sure wat day ) the we have a sixth year leaving mass on the 25th may ( last day for sixth yrs ) .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Yeah, 22nd here, though we get dismissed in about 10 days. 2 drinking excuses less than 3 weeks before the leaving, yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ours is on the 22nd. Was supposed to be on the 24th, but got changed. Pretty much every other school in the area has theirs on the 24th, so it sucks for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fantastic Kaz

Eh.. mine is this Wednesday!

Should have been on the 23rd but our new principal decided to mess a few things up for us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Our school doesn't even have a graduation.We have a ''prize-giving'' is basically 75% giving out sport awards, 18% speeches and 7% other stuff.It sucks on so many levels.
    Exact same here. It's pretty bloody boring...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Man Down

Our grad isnt til August... Weird..
    We have the end of year mass this coming week I think but unfortunately theres no tradition down here to go and get bladdered after it...

Time to start trend setting...! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

mp3guy wrote:
    Yeah, we'll all be getting arsefaced on the 24th of May :D

In fancy dress, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ours is on on the 24th May. 2 other schools are having theirs that day and I hear that the WIT are having many of their final exams on that day too! Town should be busy then later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

Don't have one..........

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

We're graduating on the 24th(but as per tradition we'll probably be asked to leave before then to limit the list of damage done to our area in the school as grad moves closer...)On that night its a mass,then a few drinks in a local,which teachers go to as well.A week after that we have a big thing organised with another school near us where we have a whole place booked out and we won't be finished there for quite some time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

24th for us. Prize giving then were into the town. YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Yeah the 24th seems to be the popular date. Dont plan on getting inebriated though. Wouldnt wanna lower myself to that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Rozabeez wrote:
    In fancy dress, of course.

Woooo! We have a prizegiving on about the 21st/22nd....then on the 24th, a ceremony, songs, speeches, student of the year, prefect certs, eh other certs, then half an hour after we all head down to a pub in the curragh in fancy dress on 2 rented dublin busses. Can't wait!

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, and prefect meal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

we have fancy dress next friday, im going as manbearpig !

then on monday a really messed up awards ceremony which, even in a multi denominational school invoves 2 priests and a lost of religion.

then monday evening we have radio city in town booked. Alcohol for all ! Hopefully we wont trash the place like we dis lastyear in S********* :D

But this all depends on our behaviour, our school gets really edgy about this stuff and threatens to cancel it for anything, they canceled it in 2003 because some people let off stink/smoke bombs in the school on the fancy dress day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

we have fancy dress next friday, im going as manbearpig !

Respect.:D

Alcohol for all ! Hopefully we wont trash the place like we dis lastyear in S********* :D

Was that the urinal incident?

Advertisement