Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista on UCD network

Options
  • 06-05-2007 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if Comp services/ILTG will put my new laptop with Vista Home Premium on the network?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I can't see why not. The wireless network doesn't need regestering at all. The wired does, but I can't see why it wouldn't work in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Yea, there really is no "putting" it on the network. For wireless it will work without consulting them and for the wired network they just need the mac address which has nothing to do with the operating system on the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

oh really? i dont have to go to ILTG and get them to do some **** to "put" me on the network? I had to do that in first year with my non dell laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

If all you want to do is the wireless network (and NOT the wired), then no, you don't need to register it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Seen as you mentioned ILTG it sounds like it's your in commerce or something - not sure but don't they 'do' more stuff to your laptop than computer services?

And Vista will work perfectly on the network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

As the others said, its grand. I got my new vista laptop set up on the network last week. No problems at all!

Advertisement