Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

midnight opening

Options

Comments

I shall be my dear abelard. And you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Hypnotoad wrote:
    And would you need it preordered to get it in any of the shops at midnight?
    Same question here.

Do I have to pre order it or can I just show up on the night?

Well for the last book I didn't preorder it, but I don't know if things have changed since then. I'd assume it's the same though....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ive a friend who preordered and had two tix... person she was goin with had to bail so she invited me....

not sure what/where the dealio is at all, but ive no doubt but that she'll remind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Tix = tickets? What do you need tickets for? *panics*

• Advertisement

tickets for an opening. i duno.. she just said she'd booked them ages ago, basically it's go in, get book, ignore each other til its read and then discuss in depth.

ill text her now and ask... i hadnt thought there were any bookings needed.

also, maybe not tickets, but definitely a booking involved... must have been chaotic last time or something maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I'd love to go to the midnight opening, but I'd have no way of getting home again :( also I'd look like a paedo, but that's to be expected of a 21yr old going to the midnight opening of a childrens novel...

well, im 19, and my mate's 18, and she's goin in her 'team gryffindor' hoody :D

Don't be silly The Bollox, we're all going to look just as stupid as each other. Join us!

I'm going to wear a cloak :D Hey can somebody back me up if I get arrested please?

Narco, you've worried me now. Let us know where you had to book for if you find out please. I'm planning on heading to Easons O'Connell Street I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Seriously.. if you are going in for the midnight opening then go up to Nassau street... You'll have Easons, Waterstones, Reads and Hodges Figgis, all trying to out do each other... walk around the different queues and get goodies from them all.

Easons where the best though. I'm away this weekend so I won't be able to go.

• Advertisement

I'll have to find out where the nite link leaves, I'm FAIRLY sure it leaves from D'olier street, once I know I'll be there

EDIT: that's a big 10-4, I should see you all there so

Seriously.. if you are going in for the midnight opening then go up to Nassau street... You'll have Easons, Waterstones, Reads and Hodges Figgis, all trying to out do each other... walk around the different queues and get goodies from them all.

That sounds like a good plan actually.

So where is everyone heading? We could try and get a few people together for it or something.

The Bollox wrote:
    I'll have to find out where the nite link leaves, I'm FAIRLY sure it leaves from D'olier street, once I know I'll be there

EDIT: that's a big 10-4, I should see you all there so

yeah, i reckon it does... what nitelink you gettin?
    ill be getting mine from d'olier street anyways.

33N, which are you getting?

66n:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Can't wait till Friday.
    I'm going to queue at Eason's on O'Connell Street, where "an evening of magical fun" is promised.

What time is everyone going to queue from? I don't want to miss any of the magical fun.

ive no idea yet!

actually, im so glad i was in here, cos me, in my infinite wisdom and general smartness was like ' when is the 21st anyway? oh, saturday, so we're goin in saturday, cool....'

>_<

im lettin my mate make all the arrangements, it's safer that way.

ah here! some people are saying it's Friday night and some are saying it's Saturday, when is it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

The night from Friday to Saturday. Books go on sale Saturday morning at 00.01 am.

Everyone pretty sure you don't have to pre-order or book anything yeah?

• Advertisement

like i said, my mate's organised all this already...

she'll be over here tomorrow night (same one that's designin my tattoo), and i can let you know for defo. but i know we're booked in :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Somebody here please come to Abtree in Lucan with me so I'm not a peado!
    As a matter of interest, how much are the books costing in the various shops selling them?
    €14.99 here afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

snip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Quit being an arsehole you.

also, i wouldnt worry about the paedo thing... from what i remember, philosophers stone came out in 99, or 2000 or soemthing... twas around when i was in 6th class, ive since gone through secondary school, done a year of college, dropped out and worked for a year....

... i think most of us were kids when it came out and are adults now... heh, and we're probably the bigger fans than the ones who saw it first as a film ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

narco wrote:
    also, i wouldnt worry about the paedo thing... from what i remember, philosophers stone came out in 99, or 2000 or soemthing... twas around when i was in 6th class, ive since gone through secondary school, done a year of college, dropped out and worked for a year....

... i think most of us were kids when it came out and are adults now... heh, and we're probably the bigger fans than the ones who saw it first as a film ;D

She actually wrote them so that the books would mature along with the audience. Read the philosophers stone and then the half blood prince, hell of a big difference in both subject matter and tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Hodges Figgis and Waterstones are owned by the same company. Reads are also owned by the Easons group now. So I dont really think they will be trying to do each other out price wise. It will probably just go down to personal preference or the stock levels per shop.

However, I can see Nassau St. being the place place to be due to the fact of, as you pointed out, the amount of book shops in such a small area.

I think for most of the younger kids they will just be going to the more local bookstore and not into town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Anyone know if Easons in Ballincollig shoping center has a midnight opening? If not, are easons on Nassau St still taking pre-bookings. Going to stay up all night to read it! 3 days to go...

Mrs. MacGyver, when you say pre-bookings what do you mean? Everyone has me worried with this having to book in advance thing now, I don't live in Dublin so I'm not gonna be able to do that. Do you have to pre-order the book?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Talked to my mate who works in Easons. He said you don't have to pre-order the book but if you don't you won't get free goodies. It's free to pre-order though.

Advertisement