Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarm Question

Options
  • 07-05-2007 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I have a house alarm installed about 10 years, I need to replace a couple of windows and so remove and refit the contacts, (wanta try and save a couple hundred here by going diy) prob is I dont know the eng code, I'm an auto elec so I'm pretty sure I'll have no probs doing this but my question is can I get an alarm tech in to reset the eng code for me, I've tried the default eng code for my type of system but as expected it didn't work. The company that put it in has gone a few years.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

DannyBuoy

try to get the operations manual , any panels i have seen have a factory reset, once entered into the panel the default codes work, but all the settings on your system will also be lost and you will have to set the whole system up again (usually there is a default setting that if you are lucky will suit you) stuff like the lengh of time on your entry buzzer etc

The instructions are generally easy to foillow, just look for the factory reset code and pop it in, someone in you trade should find this little or no trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Cheers Stoner, I have an install manual which pretty much goes tru that, what I dont have is the experience to set up the zones or to sort out the dialer, its monitored by a third party, the dialled number etc. Its an Aritech CS350 which, to be fair, has been bullet proof in terms of reliability for the last 10 years. I'm concerned I'll screw up the board, looks like I'll just have to make some calls and get someone in. Thanks.

Advertisement