Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture

Options
  • 07-05-2007 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Are there good places to buy budget furniture (i.e. beds) in Limerick? Or should I just go with Argos?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Arramount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Shannon furniture .... top of Williams street..... is it still there? .... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

hobie wrote:
    Shannon furniture .... top of Williams street..... is it still there? .... :confused:

It is actually, completely forgot about them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭irelandsown

Stay away from Homelink. Total disaster. Took months to get my suite of furniture and when it arrived it was the wrong colour. The colour they gave me was not even on the samples they had in the shop. :mad:

They were supposed to call me back numerous times and never did. In the end I just gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Homelink are a JOKE. Worst service I've ever come across. Took them 8 months to sort out my order and even then it still wasnt right, never returned my calls or anything. Had war with the manager too many times. TERRIBLE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

McCarthy Furniture are in the process of moving out to City East retail park afaik.

You have Harvey Norman, Instore and Reid Furniture too. Casey's have some good stuff also but they are very expensive imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

hobie wrote:

Shannon Furniture are actually a very good place to start - seem to have a lot of cheaper end stuff [catering for rentals/Landlords?] - But I became a fan after visiting all the expensive "boutique furniture shops" [glass vases & plastic flowers] when they provided a much higher-quality, better-made product without any of the cr@p and at literally 50% of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

Hannon's furniture on the Ballysimon road

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Brodericks up in Feakle, well worth the journey.

Tho it can be interesting to see what they deliver, but in fairness to them they do sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

I have had awful problems with Broderick's. Didn't deliver when they say the would, when they do it was the wrong stuff. Further delays, totally unhelpful staff. I would never go back there again.

On the positive was the had a large range of furniture and it was at good prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

try Drawer & Dresser next to arramount, they get a warehouse delivery once a week with 'slightly marked' goods, I got a perfect 5ft solid bed for 170! they don't get beds in every delivery though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

If you're willing to travel a little you could try Tadhg O' Connors in Rathkeale. They'll deliver to Limerick no problem.

And make sure to haggle with the total price as well, they will nearly always knock it down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Antman64

Stay away from Homelink. Total disaster. Took months to get my suite of furniture and when it arrived it was the wrong colour. The colour they gave me was not even on the samples they had in the shop. :mad:

They were supposed to call me back numerous times and never did. In the end I just gave up.

Wow thats unreal you should say that about Homelink, I've got a lot of stuff from them and I've had no problems at all, so has everyone else i reccomended to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mary q

i find it hard to believe i bought furniture there recently delighted with the furniture and the excellent service highly recommended:) :):)

Antman64 wrote:
    Wow thats unreal you should say that about Homelink, I've got a lot of stuff from them and I've had no problems at all, so has everyone else i reccomended to them.

sounds a bit too far fetched to me bought stuff there recently id highly recommend them

must say i found them spot on very happy with my purchases highly recommend homelink

q

Advertisement