Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want Broadband...

Options
  • 07-05-2007 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!

T_T

Getting so sick of this damn dial-up... <_<;

[I'm in the Oldtown, Co. Dublin area - which is supposedly covered by Broadband, which it bloody aien't! And Wireless is a no go because of too much obstructions :( ]

God I hate this country when it comes to this whole BB rollout issue... :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Satelllite too pricy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

if you are really desperate for broadband then why not give clearwire a try. They blatantly block ports etc, but its a good service for web browsing and related activities. Was with them for about 10 minutes, and despite their obvious drawbacks, i didnt regret going from dial-up to it.
    In case you didnt know, clearwire uses a difference type of wireless broadband where line of site is not an issue...
    Avoid them if they is any other alternative but if not......

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

have you looked at the 3g datacards from vbodafone and 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Looked at all of them options - aien't covered or would get a seriously poor connection [3g].

And don't you dare tell me of the Satellite option... that is the most useless thing I've ever seen for a ridiculous price. Aien't going to encourage funding that rubbish.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

What's your question, caller?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

Get a 3 usb modem when It comes out, with a rumored 10GB allowance per month at 19yoyo you can't go wrong

Even if you can only recieve the bog standard 3G signal, it's still roughly 3-4 times faster than dial-up.

So no tieing up the line, no per minuite costs, a limit you'd never even go near reaching with normal usage.

And even downloading the odd file would be alot less painfull than on dial-up. 5MB's in 6-7 mins ain't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

A friend of mine lives out near or in Oldtown in a rented house which had Breeze from Irish Broadband but was disconnected by the time they moved in. Try finding out from them if you can get anything. I *think* the aerial was pointing towards Dublin Airport. Either way, it's worth a shot.

Get a 3 usb modem when It comes out, with a rumored 10GB allowance per month at 19yoyo you can't go wrong

Even if you can only recieve the bog standard 3G signal, it's still roughly 3-4 times faster than dial-up.

So no tieing up the line, no per minuite costs, a limit you'd never even go near reaching with normal usage.

And even downloading the odd file would be alot less painfull than on dial-up. 5MB's in 6-7 mins ain't too bad.

Anymore info on this? :p

I live in the Wyestown area from Oldtown [A VERY short walk between]. Oldtown HAS DSL, and I can't get it...

*Cries*

This is so unfair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Beerwolf, stick to the one thread. Making more than one on exactly the same topic will just get you banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

€19.99 on top of one of their price plans. Am meant to be getting a trial of this soon so will give feedback.

Moriarty wrote:
    Beerwolf, stick to the one thread. Making more than one on exactly the same topic will just get you banned.

Ah sorry - thought I hit the reply button. Had numerous windows open didn't check proper :)

damien.m wrote:
    €19.99 on top of one of their price plans. Am meant to be getting a trial of this soon so will give feedback.

Who's "their" - who are they? :p

Advertisement