Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bags under eyes & purpleness

• 07-05-2007 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hi ppl
    hope yer all well
    im just getting a bit concerned about eh bags and purpleness under my eyes
    i think i get sufficient sleep, i do excercise regulary, defintiely an half hour a day, i eat well and i dont drink much at all or use drugs.
    i just don't know wat it might be, but then again, i wouldnt know much about this topisc anyway.
    anyone know what i could do i get rid of these?
    thanks for yer help lads
    i just thought id throw the thread up cos iv noticed a lot of ppl out there seem to have the same issue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

i heard sleeping with your head slightly higher helps.
    as does reducing the amount of salt you have

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

If you're putting any gels or creams under your eyes be very careful not to get it into you eyes, just pat it around the area... Under your eyes do not have ducts to excrete foreign substances and it will sit there and make your eyes even more puffy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Could be a sign that the muscles around the eyes are strained (if for example you were sitting around using a VDU all day). Or could be just damage to the delicate skin around the eye area, in which case a gel or a cream should help.

I'm trying L'oreal men expert at the moment, but it's fairly crappy imo. Seems to work on the bags but is having no effect on the purple. I'm going to try picking up some Clarins at some point, I've heard it's supposed to be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

It could be a mineral deficiency or an allergic reaction. I've had this before and had to take iron supplements and stop drinking red wine and eating nuts. Got much better! For bags under eyes, I recommend benefits new cream. Don't remember its name but I have it and its fab!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Aaaaaaages ago someone on this board recommended E45 cream for dark circles under your eyes; it sounded totally random at the time but I tried it cos loads of people started raving about it, and it was actually really effective.

I can't think of anything else really tbh; has anyone actually had any results from natural stuff like teabags and cucumbers? Always really dubious about them, but hey, maybe there's something there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

I get terrible shadows under my eyes probably as they are very deep set. Have heard of an opp you can get for eyes like mine where they inject filler to plump them out a bit but thats too extreme for me! I did find the origins nightamins eye cream very good though. its dear but I got mine at a bargain price on ebay. estee lauder concealer is fantastic for covereing them up too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Its also a sign of dehydration so start drinking about 1.5 litres water per day til it settles down.

Advertisement