Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Insurance in the Republic is useless!

Options
  • 07-05-2007 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

Both Hiberian and Allianz seem to think that the only animals kept as pets in the country are of the feline and canine variety.:mad:

Well, I recently bought a breeding trio of albino boa constrictors for €3000 with some of my SSIA money. I can't afford to replace them if they die and I want to take out insurance in case of this eventually.

But, of course being Ireland, Exotic Insurance isn't available. Why the frell not? A lot of people keep exotic pets, be they reptiles or expensive parrots.

Why shouldn't rabbit or guinea pig owners be able to insure their pets, after all cat and dog owners can.

Anyone else think this is a disgrace?

Comments

Advertisement