Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awstats

Options
  • 07-05-2007 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

How accurate is Awstats? Does it pick up ALL hits? Whats confusing me is that I have made a point of accessing the site following google searches etc - having recorded the time. However, when I check awstats the next day, theres no sign of this hit?

Do all of these stats plugins offer the same functionality or are there others that would offer more? If so, what additional info could they provide?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Awstats is fairly accurate, though you could try Google Analytics, Statcounter (and many more)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭serotonin_sam

Thanks Blacknight. Going to check out Statcounter and see what it can do. It gives me the option of excluding a range of ip's (ie my own). I wonder is this practical in the case of a BT dynamic addressing scenario. Do you happen to know whether the ip I get is completely random or is it usually within a small range that I can exclude?
    ie. i dont want to exclude all visitors who have BT Ireland as their service provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You can check your IP here:

http://www.irishisptest.com/whatsmyip.php

I wouldn't recommend blocking more than one or two IPs - if you're on DSL there's no way to know which part of their DSL netblock your IP will be pulled from

Advertisement