Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BCG Injection Bleeding

Options
  • 07-05-2007 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My daughter is 6 months old and her BCG injection site has just started bleeding last night the scab came off last night.

She got the BCG at 2 months. The injection site is a little raw to look at. Anyone think this is normal ? I would have thought the wound would be healed at this stage. Gonna bring her to the doctor in the morning.

She doesn't seem at all bothered by it. Noticed it really this morning cause there was blood on the bed/pjs.

Brian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

We had the same with my daughter. It went on to look like a pimple and oozed pus a bit. The district nurse said that this was how the BCG works on some children and not to wipe it. We just put plasters on it but like you it didn't hurt or bother her.
    Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 princess k

my nephew had the same and again the district nurse said it was fine..in fact she said it was a very good sign as it shows the vaccination is working....might be no harm to have your daughter checked out by the doctor,to put you mind at rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Hi, Brianon. My daughter is 5 months old and her BCG scar became very raised and started oozing pus. It slightly reduced in size, but it has a scab now. My district health nurse has reassured me this is normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Same here , dd's arm had a little raised bump/scab from when she got bcg - one day in the bath at about 5 months - it "burst" and a load of pus came out of it - a fair bit of blood too . didn't seem to bother her, but turned my stomach if truth be told:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Thanks guys. What you are describing is exactly what Erinns BCG scar is like. She will be seeing the district nurse on thursday to be sure anyway.

Thanks again :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement