Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat sneezing........

Options
  • 07-05-2007 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi,

My cat started sneezing yesterday afternoon he also seems a little hoarse but otherwise he appears fine although he is a little quite this morning. He's 7 years old and an indoor cat. I have another cat who is fine. I'm going to hoover down his bed now in case something is irritating him but otherwise I haven't changed anything around the house. Do cats get colds? I'll keep an eye on him and will bring him to the vets if he's still the same in a couple of days. His vacinations are up to date but he's allergic to Frontline so I don't use anything on him for fleas, etc. Otherwise is there anything I should do or watch out for? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭JB1

HI,

keep an eye on the apetite, watch if he's dehydrating and if the eyes are watering.If any of these signs occur, see a vet asap.AB will usually do the trick.
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

Hi,

His appetite appears to be fine, I'll keep an eye on his drinking. His eyes appear clear as does his nose although his nose is obviously irritating him at times. And he's been very quiet all day - he even tried to snuggle up to my other cat which is a very rare event!! The hoarseness appears to be getting worse though.

Thanks for your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭JB1

Can you pull up his fur and see how it somes down>If it doesnet come down swiftly(basically it has to flip back like an elastic) he/she is starting to dehydrate.If he does not perk up, see the vet as son as you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

Hi,
    He seems to be a bit better today - he's not as hoarse! I think I'll give him one more day and if he's not better by tomorrow evening I'll bring him to the vets. I tried what you said but I couldn't really tell if he was dehydrated or not. Can't tell either if he drank much today so I gave him a good bit of wet food. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Freeze a bit of Sardine juice and give it to him .
    it will help ease the sore throat

• Advertisement
Advertisement