Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

continuous disconnections with Breeze2MB ???

Options
  • 07-05-2007 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello everybody,

This is my first question and I am impressed by the big forum on this site.

I have Breeze2MB with irishbroadband since end of March07. My connection is directly from the receptor connected to the aerial on the roof to my laptop (I dont have router). My problem is that I have continuous disconnections, some days every minute and some other lucky days every half an hour or so. When the disconnections happens without apparent reason I need to disable the connection and connect again so the connection restarts again until falls again.

I dont have any other laptop to test the brezze2mb so I dont know if the problem is my laptop or the breeze2mb connection.
    Do you have similar problem with router or without router with this technology?

I am thinking in buying a router so I can see if the problem is solved with this, although I have tried my laptop in other places with DSL / broadband and the connection was fine, without problems.

My operative system is windows XP SP2.

Thank you very much for any opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

onlyamd wrote:
    My problem is that I have continuous disconnections, some days every minute and some other lucky days every half an hour or so. When the disconnections happens without apparent reason I need to disable the connection and connect again so the connection restarts again until falls again.
    For a quick answer to whether it's your PC or not, you need to try another PC, or anything that has an ethernet connector & can browse on your IBB setup, see if the new device has the same problems.

What happens if you ping www.google.com continuously, do you see any timeouts?

I heard from a user who had regular disconnects, problem was due to faulty IBB equipment on the roof of the house.

Advertisement