Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Questions about a Honda Accord Sohc vtec....

Options
  • 07-05-2007 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

I am currently considering buying one of the following:

-Accord 1.8/ 2.2 sohc vtec 93-98 shape
    or
    -Accord 2.0 sohc vtec '99 newer model.

I currently drive an Integra 1.8 SIR dohc vtec so I know accords will be slower but thats not the problem.

The reason I want an accord is because i need to get a cheaper car with a towbar. (I aint putting a towbar on a modified Integra!)

i want a vtec model as it will have a bit more go in it,and dont want a 1.8/2.0 non vtec.

So has anybody drivin any of the above accords?:confused:

I am looking for info on these accords. I have heard that the sohc can need the head replaced but other than that are they a good car?

I know honda's in general are great cars and have good power, but if someone has an accord or has drivin one, I would appreciate your comments.

I am trying to find out as much info about these cars before I decided to buy one. I know some of the 2.2 sohc vtec's came with full leather and and ex taxi could be picked up for in and around 1000euro.

Any comments or advise is appreciated! Thanks:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tecjunkie

Got a 99, 2.0 Petrol, excellent car. Bought it 1 yr old with 13K miles, now at 107K Miles, only tyres, brakes and wipers replaced. Timing belt at 72K and faulty ignition switch replaced at 104k under warranty. Recommended to 2 people to pick up 2.0ES, 00, pay around 5-5,000 Eur, check carzone. Cars have, cruise, elec Sunroof, Windows, Drivers seat, heated seats, Leather, BOSE stereo, remote boot release, fog lamps, metallic paint, climate control, Alloys. Are unbreakable, reliable, fast, good brakes. Only downside, is fuel consumption, average around 32-33 MPG, town driving around 25MPG, 147Bhp. It's a steal.....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Had a 1994 Accord 2.0i LS as a company car a good few years ago. It had 100k miles on the clock when I handed it back without any problems. Great car, comfortable and plenty of poke for a 2.0 litre (125bhp which wasn't bad for a 1994 2.0 litre). The car was also very well equipped including cruise control.

On the 1993 - 1998 shape Accord I would not go for the 1.8 litre non VTEC as it was a bit underpowered. The 2.0 litre was much better and almost as economical as the 1.8 litre. The 2.2 VTEC was very rare and better equipped with leather seats, etc but was a bit thirsty being a 2.2 litre. Above all avoid the 2.0 litre turbo diesel, it was never offically sold in Ireland but is a very old Rover unit which was not very refined or economical even in it's day.

If your going for the 1999 - 2003 shape Accord again I would opt for the 2.0 litre VTEC engine as it was a heavier car than the previous version, preferably with the ES or SE trim which came with all the toys. The 2.0 litre had around 134bhp which was decent enough.

Advertisement