Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

rolling road test

Options
  • 07-05-2007 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

hi does anyone know where you can get a rolling road test done??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Where abouts in the coutnry are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jame5_b

im in college in galway during the week and carlow at the weekend but i can travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Theres TTM in galway or if your in carlow and dont mind taking a spin to enfield id reccomend martin tracey in westward engineering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jocvtec

if ya want an accurate horsepower and torque rolling road, ya'l have to go to england. martin treacy in enfield is apparently ok, but anyone else is just a chancer and use made up graphs and readouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

ive heard good reviews of westward engineering. i know afew people who have used him.Ive never used them myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

jocvtec wrote:
    if ya want an accurate horsepower and torque rolling road, ya'l have to go to england. martin treacy in enfield is apparently ok, but anyone else is just a chancer and use made up graphs and readouts.

Thats a fairly large sweeping statement there!

Ive seen runs from other roads in ireland and some have matched up within a few bhp and some have been well off,but i dont think you could say they use made up stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭buddyboy

ive brought my altezza to Martin in Enfield and he is very good. Give you a lot of useful info about your car and how to get more from it. My mate was down with him yesterday however and he said he is fully booked up till November! Not sure if this was for group sessions or what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Different dynos will give slightly different readings anyway , esp since you have to correct for airpressure/humidity/fuel etc
    Anyway you can buy a little yoke that will work out power by acceleration , you tell it mass of car+you and it will work it out from acceleratin in say 2nd/3rd sorta thing. Dunno if it'd be accurate but it should be.

Advertisement