Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

world tour

• 07-05-2007 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

i'm going traveling in september, through Asia, Aus, NZ and back through N. America. what are the main essentials i need to bring. Also would anyone be able to tell me whether a round trip ticket would be best or would buying single tickets be the way forward?????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

The round the world ticket is definately the better option. 7 stop ticket is about €2100 including taxes, but could be a little bit cheaper. Main essentials is dont bring a lot, just what you can survive on.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I'm doing the same thing. Only starting in South America and heading the opposite direction. I got a one way ticket to Australia for €1000. I'm stopping off in South America for 8 months and then continuing.

The rtw ticket is good value if you only want to go for 12 months.
    London-Hong Kong is about €220 euro on Oasis and the Tiger Airlines can get you from Southern Asia to Oz for less than €50. It's cheap to get to Oz if you're resourceful. That's how I plan on getting home.

Reading people's blogs are also a good way to see what to bring. One guy's who I've been reading for ages now is this one

Advertisement