Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is your setup?

Options
  • 07-05-2007 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

because we all know we love talking about our stick :)*

Burton Troop 152 (great park board, loads of pop - yet also just as amazing in deep powder)
    Mission Bindings
    Horrible Salomon boots (soon to be changed - I'm thinking 32's)

i don't know what it is - i absolutely feel 'right' on my board. i was riding a custom 154 in december which was beautiful, but not the same experience. i also tested some of the new Burton ranged in Beijing this January. again - all beautiful boards. but my board - with all her nicks and all - feels so much smoother, despite two full seasons under her belt and a host of superficial bruises :)

*for the record, i'm a female, and there was no pun intended!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

nice thread
    boots : ruler_green_f_m.jpg Burton Hemp Green. I love these as you can get the boot really tight in two places.
    Board & Bindings : DSCN6683.JPG Nitro , 156cm as far as I remember. A new board after last season's mishap when a friend broke my board doing some tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Im only a beginner (3 weeks boarding in total - 2 of which with my own gear) so its only my first Borad / Boots / Binding combination - so i cant really comment on how they ride - but they work for me!!! :cool:

Board: Burton Bullet 159.
    burton07_bullet_2.jpg

Bindings: Burton Custom
    3427052290730-2T.jpg

Boots: Burton Moto
    burtonmotoblkfront.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

with Burton you can't go wrong ! How did that set cost you ? I have an old set of bindings and I'm not quite sure if changing them would make sense, unless I was going to change my boots and get the Flow bindings, where you can just click in.

Well as i said in previous threads, i got the set in the Great Outdoors for a lil under 700 quid - i know its not the best place to buy gear, will be buying online or bargains in resorts in future.
    Yeah with Burton ya cant go wrong - only thing that happened to me was a binding came loose, but i had my handy tool with me :D

5535_8a73c3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

This is my stuff. Just a newbie at it. Will probably buy megabuck stuff when I am earning!!
    Board: Wall 160
    Boots: Solomon Maori
    Bindings: Elfgen Freeride '84

€250 for the lot. As new. Guy bought them, and decided he preferred skiing. Didn't even use them once!!!

• Advertisement

Don1 - i see that flight sticker on your binding
    Ya should get a cheap bag for that board - ya got a bargain there, but still should look after your gear - it would only get ruined in the plane - trust me, i know guys that work for a baggage company and they say all baggage is treated like they are bags of sand - just thrown all over the place
    The bottom of your board would get wrecked and the top would get all scratched and take from the look of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Pablo wrote:
    I have an old set of bindings and I'm not quite sure if changing them would make sense, unless I was going to change my boots and get the Flow bindings, where you can just click in.
    But you can't click into Flows like the old Burton step-ins if that's what you are thinking, also you don't need specific boots for flow bindings, I rode flow bindings in Salomon boots.

As for the you can't go wrong with Burton....I disagree, Burton make good stuff but an good example would be buying a dominant to hit back country, that would be a VERY dumb and eventually costly mistake. I just think that there are a lot of manufacturers who's stuff is every bit as good but doesn't carry the burton price tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Axni

My boots, the dual boa makes for really easy tightening.

omnif_06.jpg

My board - Imperium Elvira 154, I have some fairly standard SP bindings on it (couldn't find pic). I like the fact that the graphics aren't too girly and so far it's been good to me!

98941.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Curran wrote:
    Don1 - i see that flight sticker on your binding
    Ya should get a cheap bag for that board
    Oh I intend to. As the trip was a stag finding the five minutes between boarding and extreme drunkenness (often combined) to buy the bag proved too difficult! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭La La

here's Betty how she looks today - the only thing being that those nasty step in bindings are gone now and i have missions instead. but anyway.

isn't she lovely?? :)

b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

All my kit is in storage so no pictures

Boots: DC Judges with the BOA lace system *My favourite piece of kit
    Board 158" Rome Agent freeriding baord, great all rounder board goes wicked fast
    Binding Burton Missons

Going to get a new board this year, Im very exited over the whole affair.. no idea yet what to get

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

Option GT wide with Ride ls bindings - gonna get some burton missions before next season
    Have 32 Prion boots

img_0199.jpg

Advertisement