Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book shop that pays cash for second hand books?

Options
  • 07-05-2007 2:31pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can someone recommend me a book shop that pasy cash for second hand books? I have quite a few books that I have bought recently that I would like to get rid off.

Do Chapters pay cash or do they give you store credit?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Kingp35 wrote:

Do Chapters pay cash or do they give you store credit?

Thanks

They do both, unless they've changed policy. However, you get €1 per book cash, generally (some particularly rare/sought after books might get €2) whereas you get double if you go for store credit.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

microgirl wrote:
    They do both, unless they've changed policy. However, you get €1 per book cash, generally (some particularly rare/sought after books might get €2) whereas you get double if you go for store credit.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Chapters aren't as good as they used to be when it comes to selling your books to them though, they only take certain ones.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Their new shop is fantastic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

MayMay wrote:
    Chapters aren't as good as they used to be when it comes to selling your books to them though, they only take certain ones.
    Yes, they are only interested in paperback bestsellers and only pay about €1 regardless of how recently published they are! Hardbacks are a complete no no.

• Advertisement
Advertisement