Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Broadband-Laptop won't detct router

Options
  • 07-05-2007 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi All

Im currently using my nephews laptop as I cannot get my wireless boradband to connect on my own. It started to fail last Thursday, but sometimes worked after I looged off an on again. I thought it might be because of a tree in line of sight, but no, my nephews laptop picks it up so that is ruled out.

I cannot even get the wireless icon, so its not even picking up the router.

I did change my hard drive a couple of months ago but it worked ok till last week. My provider says there was no setup involved in the laptop as such, it should just pick it up.

Its a new (6 months old) laptop. I bought it from another nephew in a computer store where he works. All he can offer is to get it looked at under warranty, but it will have to be sent from here (Ireland) back to HP in the UK. I really would prefer not to. He said if the card is gone they'll just replace the motherboard!

Is there anything you could suggest he might look for when he has a look at it tomorrow for me?

Thanks

h

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

More details would help. What make of laptop is it? What are your broadband arrangements? How is there a tree between you and your wireless router:) makes for an interesting house design!!

Have you tried checking to see if there is an updated wireless driver for your laptop or even reinstalling the existing one?

Advertisement