Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Expansys.ie or mobileplanet for my new phone?

• 07-05-2007 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

it seems mobile planet works out cheaper with the dollar and they have an Europe Shipping option. any reason to not go with mobileplanet (seem to be part of the same company as expansys)....I am want to buy the Nokia E61i...I assume their are no US localisations I need to be wary of?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

How much is delivery to Ireland with Mobileplanet? I'm thinking of getting the E61i as well, cheapest I've seen it brand new is around €400 including delivery on Ebay. Thats from a seller with all positive feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

How much is delivery to Ireland with Mobileplanet? I'm thinking of getting the E61i as well, cheapest I've seen it brand new is around €400 including delivery on Ebay. Thats from a seller with all positive feedback.

you can get it for 370 from ebay and he is a genuine seller as ive used him but its from hong kong through fedex and comes with memory card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JonnyXXX

yes, i just ordered one from that guy. think there is one still there if you want it. works out at 382, thats what has just hit my cr card....

JonnyXXX wrote:
    yes, i just ordered one from that guy. think there is one still there if you want it. works out at 382, thats what has just hit my cr card....
    excellent.Was that from the hong kong guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JonnyXXX

yes the hong kong lad....fingers crossed now.....:confused:

• Advertisement

JonnyXXX wrote:

you dont need fingers crossed :)
    You will get tracking number by tommorrow and thats it happy dappy. :)
    Just make sure you email him and say please reduce the value when sending it abit to help reduce tax if there is any.but i had no problems at all

JonnyXXX wrote:

I've just orderded the exact same phone from the same guy on Ebay but he tells me now the phone is out of stock and and it'll be a day or two until he gets it back in. For a €50 delivery charge I'm not happy :(

I've just orderded the exact same phone from the same guy on Ebay but he tells me now the phone is out of stock and and it'll be a day or two until he gets it back in. For a €50 delivery charge I'm not happy :(

The 50 delivery charge is for fedex, do you know how expensive that is and also when i got my phone it took 2 days , was sent friday and was here on monday so you should have it by friday. :)

so jonny any news on your phone.Has the guy sent it or not?

Apparently there is a package at home waiting for me so I'll let you know later ;)

• Advertisement

Apparently there is a package at home waiting for me so I'll let you know later ;)

Did he give you a tracking number then just track it to see where it is.I really dont think it will be here that quick you only ordered it on the 8th i think.
    Hope it is the package so you will believe me of this guys service .He is similar to a concorde plane, i couldnt belive it.

Yep it was the phone alright, very quick indeed!
    Its amazing by the way :eek:

I told you.this guys service is unbeatable.I have bought MANY (100's) of phones in the past but this was unmatchable service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

JonnyXXX wrote:
    it seems mobile planet works out cheaper with the dollar and they have an Europe Shipping option. any reason to not go with mobileplanet (seem to be part of the same company as expansys)....I am want to buy the Nokia E61i...I assume their are no US localisations I need to be wary of?

So - has anybody actually purchased phones from Mobile Planet instead of Expansys.ie? I bought a Nokia E61i on MobilePlanet today - saving over €100 on the Expansys.ie price (including post and packaging).

Should have the phone in 2-3 working days. Fingers crossed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

what version did you get? There are different keyboard layouts for different regions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

They're the same corporation. The only difference on mobileplanet is, its for North america and canada and your not paying by our vat @ 21%.

When its shipped over here you will have to pay duties and taxes

If you add the same thing on your basket on expansys.ie and choose yes for vat registration number it will end up the exact same price that it is on mobileplanet

So if you personally know anyone in business with a registered Vat number, it would be a lot less of a headache.

elderlemon wrote:
    what version did you get? There are different keyboard layouts for different regions.

Mine was english qwerty layout. I made sure of that before I bought from the hong kong based seller. Even though I received my phone ok and it was marked as a gift I got a bill for duty/taxes for €30 from fedex? Anyone know what happens if I don't pay it?

Mine was english qwerty layout. I made sure of that before I bought from the hong kong based seller. Even though I received my phone ok and it was marked as a gift I got a bill for duty/taxes for €30 from fedex? Anyone know what happens if I don't pay it?

Great.... so i'm gonna get hit and all with taxes/duty! Superb - shudda known it was too good to be true.

I just got hit with a approx 30 euro bill from fedex.they are the wirst as dhl never really get hit with tax :(

drdre wrote:
    I just got hit with a approx 30 euro bill from fedex.they are the wirst as dhl never really get hit with tax :(

Dre, how do you find the E61i? Happy with it?

• Advertisement

Dre, how do you find the E61i? Happy with it?

Well I'm delighted with mine but I some how managed to scratch the screen within the first week of getting it. I even had a screen protector on it!
    Just take care of that big screen and try not to put the phone in the pocket you have your keys :o

Hmm, is it that easy to scratch? I have an N70 currently, and i have to say that the screen is virtually unscratchable - the most impressive Nokia phone screenwise that i've had...

Advertisement