Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobilefly - anyone bought from it?

• 07-05-2007 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Is mobilefly ok? the prices are excellent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

JonnyXXX wrote:
    Is mobilefly ok? the prices are excellent

They a realiable yes. Bought a few phones of them back in 2003-4 when they had some Asian brands as well, and some special Asian Nokia models etc.. Now they only have European phones. They are based in Singapore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

yep i used to buy from them, but you will get done for tax.Dont bother i think ebay is better and cheaper .
    You will defo get caught by customs.I know from experience and they work out expensive :(

What phone are you looking for

loads sold on adverts.ie awhile ago
    do a search for E61

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JonnyXXX

after going to place my order, I get this response:

Sorry. We have temporarily stop accepting new orders directly. To place your order, please contact Sales

JonnyXXX wrote:
    after going to place my order, I get this response:

Sorry. We have temporarily stop accepting new orders directly. To place your order, please contact Sales

:confused: , They might have stopped international orders

• Advertisement

looking for the E61i

JonnyXXX wrote:
    looking for the E61i

Why not get a bill phone from vodafone, it might even work out cheaper or check adverts.ie

mobile planet looks like the next best option. buy in dollars?

JonnyXXX wrote:
    mobile planet looks like the next best option. buy in dollars?

You might be buying in dollars but that doesnt mean much if the phone is expensive in the first place :rolleyes:

Its $575.90 on mobileplanet thats 424 euro
    its 430 euro on ebay in postage from uk,i think uk is better as from usa you can get taxed.

sure, but expansys.ie had the Nokia E61i for 530 EUR approx, and mobile planet, which seems like the same company as expansys, at their international site, costs 585 USD incl shipping = 430 EUR.

But maybe there are VAT issues...??

• Advertisement

JonnyXXX wrote:
    sure, but expansys.ie had the Nokia E61i for 530 EUR approx, and mobile planet, which seems like the same company as expansys, at their international site, costs 585 USD incl shipping = 430 EUR.

But maybe there are VAT issues...??

Yeah there might be. I would prefer to buy from ireland or uk.I wouldnt buy a phone from America.

ok, makes sense. could you send me that ebay link that you saw for 430? thanks

here you go. its ending soon
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-Nokia-E61i-Smartphone-Mobile-Phone-PDA_W0QQitemZ160113727397QQihZ006QQcategoryZ3312QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Nokia-E61i-unlock-phone-256mb-card-by-FedEx-2days_W0QQitemZ270115435855QQihZ017QQcategoryZ3312QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Heres one for 370 euro inc card and delivery from hong kong.I bought a phone from hong seller and was Amazed by the serve He is great and posted really Quickly i would go for that deal.I didnt even get charged tax and it was sent by fedex with tracking number.
    It actually took 2 days to get to me.it was sent on friday and was here monday morning :)

but only thing is how u actually avoid paying the VAT??? customs decide that i guess?

JonnyXXX wrote:
    but only thing is how u actually avoid paying the VAT??? customs decide that i guess?
    With the hong kong company its fine.just tell him to reduce the value and he will.he did it with me and seriously im happy .i have bought many phones in the past and this was the best as it was hassle free.I paid and in 2-3 days was at my door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

hi mobile is cheaper I think.

Dman001 wrote:
    hi mobile is cheaper I think.
    Whats hi mobile

but havent we got VAT issues with Hi mobile?

Advertisement