Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FEAR Extraction Point storyline

Options
  • 07-05-2007 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

firstly - dont read this if you have not played the game and want to avoid spoilers.

Can anyone tell me just what the hell happened in this game??? I mean, I played the first game, admittedly ages ago when it came out first, and generally got the storyline. not 100% mind, but enough to get the point: they were doing some experiments on the girl and she became super-powerful and kicked everyones ass, OK. but the expansion pack? it didnt make ANY sense to me. I am speaking story-line wise. I felt I was just plodding along shooting everything that moved without any idea who I was fighting or why.

Things like - Holiday said to the girl at the start "the city is too empty" and she speculated that maybe it was evacuated before the nuclear blast, and he replied "cities dont get emptied out that fast". OK, but it was never explained why the city was totally empty then. and never mind things like that fat dude coming back to life and appearing totally illogically (complete with fatal gunshot wound still in his chest) from the first game. I mean WTF!?! And why would the little black dudes that move really fast be fighting the soldiers? were they not all on the same side? And what was that ending about?

Basically, can anyone actually just summarise the entire storyline to me from start to finish? are there any FEAR fans out there who have played it through a few times or really paid attention to the storyline or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Check GameFAQs? There's always someone who digs deep into any game's story, no matter how linear or cliche'd it is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

LOL yeah, its just that i guess this game does seem heavy on the story-line and yet it makes no sense to me. I had checked the net for someones summary of the storyline, but couldnt find any! plenty of cheats and walkthroughs, but no one who simply says 'heres what happened'

actually, one FAQ witer says:

"Still, many questions remain unanswered. For example, where's Jankowski? Why is Fettel revived? What happened to the two Almas? Why would one want to kill me, while the other want to help me?
    Again, this lacked a lot in story, but is otherwise, a very enjoyable play."

I guess i am just annoyed at playting through a game that seems to have had a story, but might as well not have from my point of view. I mean i was used to running through a game in the days of Quake 1, but these days you kind of expect a storyline.

try wikipedia

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Well I reckon that Alma can pretty much do what she likes and mess with your mind to make you see whatever she likes and that sums up all the random stuff that happens. This ties in with the way at the end when the two Alma's unite all the blood and gore everywhere disappears.

Something to do with how you're her son too so you're linked with her the way Fettel is. Best I can figure out anyway. :D

Ah thanks nialler, I shoulda thought of that myself. Had a look now and it really does explain everything really well, wikipedia is something I definitely under-use...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Puteq wrote:
    Ah thanks nialler, I shoulda thought of that myself. Had a look now and it really does explain everything really well, wikipedia is something I definitely under-use...
    You must be new to the joys of the internet :D

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    You must be new to the joys of the internet :D

*shame* exactly the opposite, its just that I never got used to these new-fangled sites like wikipedia

Advertisement