Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT 249 Information Technology (Part time)

• 07-05-2007 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Anyone done this course? I have just been accepted. I had done two years previously when I had finished leaving cert in another college but dropped out as I was a waster.

Now I have a good job but want to get my degree.

Just curious about average age, social life etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Gator wrote:
    Anyone done this course? I have just been accepted. I had done two years previously when I had finished leaving cert in another college but dropped out as I was a waster.

Art Sloan is one of the lecturers of DT249/1, and he told me that there are people ranging from 20 up to 50 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Gator wrote:

All ages really. Avg about 30 I suppose. Zero social life. People too busy with work, families etc....but I suppose that varies class to class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,758 ✭✭✭Trampas

Hi,

I am just finishing the course.

Last exam on Thursday. Thank god.

There is not much of a social life in the course as people have been in work all day and just want to head home after it.

It is a part time course after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I'm doing this course aswell. Am in my final year and have my Project handup in Sept :E

There is a small bit of social life if you wind up in the particular circles, but most of the time people just Head home after class.
    Its a evening course so most people have to be in work in the mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Well it's probably worth doing simply for the fact that Art Sload is a lecturer in it. That man is a God among Gods.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭strychnine

Binomate wrote:
    Well it's probably worth doing simply for the fact that Art Sload is a lecturer in it. That man is a God among Gods.

That he is, but please OP, dont base you opinion of DIT or the lecturers or life in general on Sloaner.

Advertisement