Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious website problem

Options
  • 07-05-2007 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hey folks.

Background is that I've been running a site www.photographyireland.net for almost 12 months now. Recently the site was showing intermittent performance issues and some email issues for some members. Today one of the members noticed some DNS issues.
    I went to the domain registrar (www.cleverdot.com) and noticed that the
    DNS they were pointing to was in fact their own and not where I have the
    site hosted, which is www.enom.com.

As a result I changed the DNS settings with cleverdot. Email started working for those who had issues and some said that the site was faster.

However, it seems that changing the DNS settings has now resulted in a bogus search page coming up for quite alot of people including myself. Some folks are still able to access the site.

If you go here you'll see what I mean:

http://64.74.223.198/

Instead of the title you'll get, I see "welcome to photographyireland.net" and various search links for photography related stuff.

In the past 30mins, I've changed back my DNS settings (from DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM + DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM to ns1.cleverdot.com etc...)

Do any of you folks know whats happened ?

All help greatly appreciated !
    Thanks
    Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

Mark,

I've taken a look but you will really need to contact your host to get this sorted. Nobody else will be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭mtracey

Thanks. Just off the phone with the US hosting company.
    Seems that I didn't have a dns hosting account with them, only a web hosting. Anyhow, have changed the dns settings at the domain reg company to point to the hosting company and hopefully it'll work.

I won't be changing settings again in a hurry ;)

Thanks for taking the time, really appreciate it.
    Mark

Advertisement