Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Predictions

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

I hope Frost comes up.. Will there always be a 'character question' on Macbeth as single text??

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Am hoping for Plath, Kavanagh, Monatgue and Yeats for the Poetry, and I don't really care about the other sections.Something on the character of Macbeth would be preferrable I guess, and a question on ''Themes and Issues'' for the comparitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Would be grateful if you would make predictions for what poet is coming up in 2007 from the following poets: Donne, Eliot,Kavanagh, Yeats, Montague Plath, Bishop and Frost. Also on The Comparatives are Theme/ Issue, General Vision and Viewpoint and Cultural Context, whish 2 do you think?
    Thanks ;):)

I'd say theme/issue and general vision. And the poets I think I listed in this topic, or another english one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 David Fouhy

holy crap. whats this about kingship?????? how can i get notes on it????:confused: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

My ideal Paper 2 would consist of kingship, cultural context and Plath. And any old unseen poem (why do they still put this on the course?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

hey everyone,
    what in the name of god do you say for a question on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

Significence of "Macbeth" in the 21st century
    hey everyone,
    what in the name of god do you say for a question on that?

Talk about human nature, primarily through the character Macbeth if you're particularly strong on him. Macbeth's ambition is his downfall and the idea of gaining power corrupts him. That facet of human nature hasn't changed and is still part of people today.

You could bring in pretty much everything. People seem to have a lot of work done on kingship. So take that, you could say kingship has the potential of good or evil and that people in a position of power can change a country etc. which can all be applied to today's world.

There's some stuff written on this is the thread: "Macbeth: what to study" you should check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

holy crap. whats this about kingship?????? how can i get notes on it????:confused: :eek:

Any Macbeth revision book.
    What you have to talk about is: the importance of the role of the King in that society (head of the society, God's representative on Earth, represented goodness and justice etc.etc) The theme of kingship is so significant that Shakespeare provides four versions of it.
    Then give an account of Duncan's reign; say how he is a prime force of goodness in the play, list his features. He shows many of the features sought by Malcolm in Act 4. His murder by Macbeth was therefore sacrilegious and really terrible, lead on to give an account of Macbeth's awful reign. Contrast his badness with King Edward's greatness. Then finally give a description of Malcolm, and say that with a true and rightful king, Scotland will prosper etc. etc.
    I got an A for my kingship essay. If you're really stuck, PM me and I'll send it on to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

Plath or Frost has to come up:D

Advertisement