Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing without a car?

Options
  • 07-05-2007 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Quick question... Just wondering how many of ye started surfing without a car... Was it alot of hassle?. Lots of my friends drive and i plan on buying acar soonish... but was just seeing how everyone else faired out under the same circumstances... Also, is a roof rack a must? or can surf boards travel safely in a car sticking out the boot etc? Will this damage it?

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

I can't see how you'd manage without a car, maybe these forums could be useful for getting lifts!

You can fit a board in a hatchback car but it usually means you can't have a passenger as part of the boards lies in the passenger seat. It's safe in mine anyway.

The strap roofracks are good enough about 70 euro, you just tie them to the roof of the car no need for installation, mind though you'll need a car with at least 4 doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Juicebox

walk....mehehehehe!!! two minutes from lahinch :) bus eireann dont mind ya bringin boards get a lift up to doolin all the time bit of a pain though between everyones luggage and people throwin the board around when they want to get out their gear :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

If you live near the East Coast, then a car is a must if you want to surf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

well theres clubs you can join, in waterford theres two avid surf clubs, ones a college surf club (WIT) for students and alumni, the others tbay (tbay charge big bucks though). Joining the college club will sort you out for lifts straight away, when the lads go to the beach they usually text all there mates and have no probs giving lifts from waterford city out (and some sorrunding areas) and with tbay you can leave your board in the lockup (bit dodgy, at your own risk, boards constatly get damaged and rumours of one stolen recently) put it in a good bag (ill get ya a decent bag if needs be)

Advertisement