Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thrushes killing themselves flying into windows

Options
  • 07-05-2007 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

anyone else notice this?

our house in the sticks over the years several thrushes have killed themselves by flying into windows, they obviously think they can fly straight thru them,

just 10 mins ago my mum went out after hearing another bang on the kitchen window, another thrush outside, stil warm.

pretty sad, wouldnt mind if it was a crow or somethin!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭JB1

Usually a sticker on the window makes them realise it's solid.It might save your window..and some thrushes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

This can happen with windows and glass doors, as said put up some stickers (they can be removed over winter) or even blank pieces of paper on the windows so they know it's solid. Also I notice eventhough we have blinds on the front on the outside fledglings tend to still bump into the windows so must stick something on the outside this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I heard some birds see their reflection and think its a competitor so try to attack it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Saruman wrote:
    I heard some birds see their reflection and think its a competitor so try to attack it.
    That more with the like of Chaffinches and they posture and peck at the glass. They hardly ever would attack with such force as to kill themselves.

Advertisement