Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good professional camera

• 07-05-2007 6:31pm

Anyone able to recommend a good HDDV camera for less than 3000 euro.

I'm considering a Canon XM2 or a Sony PD150, both of which I've used before. But I would appreciate any suggestions or advice on where to purchase a camera.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I've always favoured Panasonic's cameras over Canon or Sony at that price range. This is a little over your price, but I think it's probably worth it. It's NTSC, but i'm pretty sure a PAL one exists. B&H probably stock it too, if you know anybody going to Manhattan who wants to visit the strangest electronics store on the planet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I'm considering a Canon XM2 or a Sony PD150, both of which I've used before. But I would appreciate any suggestions or advice on where to purchase a camera.

neither of them are HDDV?

From my experiance the best High Def camera I've used has been the JVC HD100 (I think?) but thats well out of your price range.

Pretty sure most of the high def cameras in that range are pretty crap and its actually better to go for non high def camera.

Lodgepole wrote:
    I've always favoured Panasonic's cameras over Canon or Sony at that price range. This is a little over your price, but I think it's probably worth it. It's NTSC, but i'm pretty sure a PAL one exists. B&H probably stock it too, if you know anybody going to Manhattan who wants to visit the strangest electronics store on the planet...

As it happens my Aunt is in Manhattan this week. Mind ask her to take a trip down for me. I've always liked Panasonic, but I've been using Canon and Sony cameras for a few years now.
    BlitzKrieg wrote:
    neither of them are HDDV?

From my experiance the best High Def camera I've used has been the JVC HD100 (I think?) but thats well out of your price range.

Pretty sure most of the high def cameras in that range are pretty crap and its actually better to go for non high def camera.

I've used one of the JCV High Def cams and while it was a joy to use, the prices are way up there. I think I'm going to get the XM2. Saw a few going at decent prices online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

The PD150 and XM2 are SD cameras. The HVX200 will give you excellent picture quality, and much more flexibility than DV or HDV when it comes to post work. Probably a good bit out of your price range though, but worth taking a look at. A good option for 3 grand would be the Sony FX1. It's a HDV camera that has become very popular over the last two years. Also check out Canon's website as they also have a number of HDV cameras at various price ranges.

Advertisement