Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Service Messages I din't subscribe for charging me 2euro

• 07-05-2007 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

:mad: So annoyed. In the last week or so I have been getting these really annoying service messages. Don't know what they are didn't even know I had a service inbox, I don't open them and delete straightaway but they have been chrging me nearly 3euro. There doesn't seem to be much contained in the messages and as I am afraid to open them as they generally connnect me to wap or something which is more money, I don't know who or waht is sending them. If I went into o2 would they be able to sort it? Can I ban these service messages myself somehow. Took 8euro off me altogether this eek and i'd normally spenf 5eu on cred a week :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Check here and see if it is any use to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Leave the messages on your phone. Take down the number they are coming from.

Call customer care (1747 Speakeasy and 1909 Bill) and explain your problem. Ask them to have a look at your recent calls and ask for you to be unsubscribed.

They can't unsubscribe you on the spot but they can contact the people doing it and it will prob take about 24/48 hours.

Popping into O2 as you say will just have the staff member do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Hi, thanks for the replies. The link was very helpful. I found a message from something in my inbox which said to "unsubscribe text stop to 57080", so I did and hope it works. If that doesn't work i'll ring o2. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If you genuinely did not subscribe to this service it is fraud plain and simple. If they're not prepared to explain themselves and provide you with a full refund immediately, you could even consider calling the Gardaí !!

If this were charging money on a credit card it would be really serious business but for some reason, no one takes mobile phone fraud seriously.

Contact Regtel. If it continues, I would seriously suggest that you contact the Office of the Director of Consumer Affairs. Regtel are sort of an industry self-regulator type operation.

www.regtel.ie
    www.odca.ie (office of the director of consumer affairs)

Advertisement