Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolmine SkatePark Pictures

Options
  • 07-05-2007 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Took some pics today of the coolmine skatepark, all the construction seems to be done to the actual park, all they need is a fence.
    Couldnt get a full pic because of the hoarding around it.

Not sure when the official opening is, if anyone knows please let me know!!!!

Enjoy!

Image0032.jpg

Image0030.jpg

Image0034.jpg

Image0035.jpg

Image0031.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Beks

this looks like the best park yet!
    this is the blanchardstown millennium park right?
    would love to know when it's open...

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

Hi,

yes this the blanchardstown park, see the plans here:

http://www.goreyskateclub.com/images/Blanchardstown-skatepark-fi.gif

:D

*drools*
    now that's what I'm talking about... ledges, rails and banks... much better than any of the bowls this country is getting! :D

edit**
    and most importantly, it actually looks spacious enough, I think the mistake with bushy was squashing too much into such a tiny space. most of the space is occupied by the bowl and only 2 people can ride it at a time. parks like these are much better if space is limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Beks wrote:
    this looks like the best park yet!
    this is the blanchardstown millennium park right?
    would love to know when it's open...

We'll agree to differ Beks - looks like modular sh*te to me, but hopefully it'll mean more bikers head for Blanch ;)
    Mountain bikers will soon be bounced from Bushy, so maybe they can aim for Blanch too?

Cheers

JohnBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 blade101

Yup, its a lovely spacious layout, was a little bummed theres no mini half pipe but I cant complain we finially got a local park!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I love to know who designs this stuf? Its all just looks horrible..

The flatground stuff is nice and that vert wall.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

I like the 2 benches and the block thingy, and I suppose the steps/koston blocks in the bank look ok-ish, but christ almiiiiiiighty, it would've been so easy to put a large square hip in the empty corner where that curved rail is and fully bowl out the opposite corner with the vert wall.

The same crowd are doing Swords and Dun Laoghrie. Fanny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Leah-G1

Its cool they have a park but some of it makes no sense whatsoever.See the ledges?You can only skate one side of them because of where they are placed,Also the wallride thing is a complete waste of space and money.For the money they spent of that thing they probably could have built a mini ramp or something.I have images of some drunk 11 year old being dared by his mates to drop in on the thing...can only end in disaster.They had originally put rails in that were about waist high,at least someone coped it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pawsome

Hey, what buses go out to there?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭paudie

Those steps in the middle of the bank seem a little strange? Not much to do on them eh?

Ennis just opened last week.

Small and modular but it got me back skating so I love it.
    Pics soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Looks tame compared to the one being constructed in swords

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

Beks wrote:
    *drools*
    now that's what I'm talking about... ledges, rails and banks... much better than any of the bowls this country is getting! :D

edit**
    and most importantly, it actually looks spacious enough, I think the mistake with bushy was squashing too much into such a tiny space. most of the space is occupied by the bowl and only 2 people can ride it at a time. parks like these are much better if space is limited.
    you should really head out to greystones so. but then again if you just dont like bowls, apart from being wierd, you probably wont like greystones either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 blade101

Pawsome wrote:

You can hop on a 39 or 70, both leave hawkins street pretty frequently. Could take a while though, to get there on a bus is about 40 mins, bring a good book!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Tbh i think that skatepark looks like a pile of s**t its all the same Stuff atleast the other skateparks have different peices if ya wanted to skate like a street just go into town itd be just as good but thats my own opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Leah-G1 wrote:
    I have images of some drunk 11 year old being dared by his mates to drop in on the thing...can only end in disaster.

lol.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Conor Chong

Any1 know when this park is opening??

cheers

CC

well i think this park looks great, but then again it's just because it's more like street and that is what I'm used to. yeah it's a pity it's modular concrete, we'll just have to see how well it holds up, but I'm happy about the design at least.

lol and I'm weird cos I don't like bowls? maybe I am... but I guess just riding street for 3.5 years means I'm pretty much freaked out by any kind of ramp! just ledges, rails, banks and wallrides for me please!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

Beks wrote:
    but I guess just riding street for 3.5 years means I'm pretty much freaked out by any kind of ramp! just ledges, rails, banks and wallrides for me please!! :D
    yea. i know what you mean. ive been freaked out by anything thats not street or dirt for years, but now that we have got all these skateparks ive gotten used to it ramps and there amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

Was up ther earlier on, its all done, think its opening this friday, wrecked my ankle in the carpark messing on manual pads, hope ill be ok for friday!

p.s, the rail goin down the eurogap has already been named "the widow maker"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

Pawsome wrote:

Where are you coming from Pawsome?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fionn001

FOGOFUNK wrote:
    Was up ther earlier on, its all done, think its opening this friday, wrecked my ankle in the carpark messing on manual pads, hope ill be ok for friday!

p.s, the rail goin down the eurogap has already been named "the widow maker"

u sure now fogo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pawsome

Well I'd probably get a bus from town, where in town can ya get a bus from to it? thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hoffman

I have just moved to Galway From Essec in the UK and I am playing with the idea of opening a skatepark in Galway city somwhere.
    My proposal will be a privately owned indoor skate park with foam pit and other toys etc, woodward style. The problem is that I need to get a general feel for the numbers of people who would be able to get to Galway / use the park on a weekly basis, it would be open to all: skate, inline and BMX and maybe even a outdoor section for dirt trails.
    If people could just leave me some feedback and what the general feeling is over lacation, travel and what they atchaully want in a park would be ideal, as what I have seen and read so far is pretty poor offerings for people into this way of life, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Id go, along with a few of my freinds from Mayo, theres absolutely no commitment to building parks in the west, none in Mayo at all.

So Id be up for it, alot of the skaters in Galway would be too, judging by the fact that the most recent county council skatepark in galway was built in knackerville

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

hoffman wrote:
    I have just moved to Galway From Essec in the UK and I am playing with the idea of opening a skatepark in Galway city somwhere.
    My proposal will be a privately owned indoor skate park with foam pit and other toys etc, woodward style. The problem is that I need to get a general feel for the numbers of people who would be able to get to Galway / use the park on a weekly basis, it would be open to all: skate, inline and BMX and maybe even a outdoor section for dirt trails.
    If people could just leave me some feedback and what the general feeling is over lacation, travel and what they atchaully want in a park would be ideal, as what I have seen and read so far is pretty poor offerings for people into this way of life, cheers.

Holy frilly knickers batman,

talk about going off topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fionn001

open on friday or what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Conchubhair

I don't think so....I was talking to the security guard on monday and he said it will be 1 or 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

hoffman wrote:

Hey Hoffman,you should start a seperate thread about your proposal as it is kind of lost in this one.You will get way more replies also.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Any idea on opening times for the park?
    Planning to go Wednesday (weather permitting offcourse)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Conchubhair

The opening times are on all the gates I think......It closes around 7PM

Advertisement