Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian Restaurant Recommendation

• 07-05-2007 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭

Folks, I'm looking for a recommendation for an Italian restaurant, preferably in the city center area, to bring the missus. Would prefer to dine in the evening, no particular day in mind and given that I'm not made of money, it'd be great if it wasn't overly expensive. In terms of food I'm looking for a more authentic place, nothing too "Irish Italian" orientated if you know what I mean...

I was having a flick through this list here and although some of the names ring a bell, just wondering if there are any stand out eateries there.

EDIT: Oh and while the option of a nice pizza would be great it probably won't be the main thing we'd be looking for.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

IMHO, something that tastes italian.. so Da Pino is good for pizza and other dishes (the pizza isn't that expensive too), Ciao Bella Roma is good as well. Another good pizza is at Steps of Rome.

For the other dishes I would say Da Pino, Bocaccio is too expensive. I'm sure that there are other good restaurants but I don't usually eat italian outside; sometimes I try and see how it tastes =)

There is a restaurant in Clontarf, Picasso.. ok I know that it isn't city centre but it's worth a try.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Personally I like Boticelli's in Temple Bar. Run by an Italian family, the food is very nice and reasonably priced. Their ice cream is to die for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

I know its not in the city centre, but Don and Crecenzis(spelling?) in Sandymount is a proper Italian restaurant, great food at decent prices, and a nice atmosphere. Is in the Dubliners 100 best restaurants in Ireland list. They do have another restaurant in town which is supposed to be good, cant remember where exactly it is though, ya could give them a ring and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Ciao Bella Roma is good as well.

Agreed :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

The service in Da Pino has gone really down hill lately. Don't think I'd go back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I'd give my vote to Botticelli's in Temple Bar. Lovely food, nice atmosphere, good staff: it has it all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

I know its not in the city centre, but Don and Crecenzis(spelling?) in Sandymount is a proper Italian restaurant, great food at decent prices, and a nice atmosphere. Is in the Dubliners 100 best restaurants in Ireland list. They do have another restaurant in town which is supposed to be good, cant remember where exactly it is though, ya could give them a ring and ask.

I second Dunne and Crescenzi, it's my favourite Italian anywhere in Dublin. They've three branches around Dublin.

Check it out here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hrm, Dunne and Crescenzi sounds nice but judging by the reviews and site it seems more of a daytime eatery rather than a restaurant per say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

It's suitable for both as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

gizmo wrote:
    Hrm, Dunne and Crescenzi sounds nice but judging by the reviews and site it seems more of a daytime eatery rather than a restaurant per say?

I've only eaten here at night. Always have been impressed. The ingredients always seem fresh and the service is good. I've only eaten in the Dundrum one though!

There is a fab Italian out in Inchicore (my local) Another Wallace venture.
    It's called Enoteca Torino I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 coolwater

Town Bar & Grill has to be the be the best Italian in the Country - Best Restaurant 2007.
    Not on the cheap side but go early in the evening and you can avail of the set menu.
    Its definately the best dining experience Ive had in Dublin to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 coolwater

Sorry forgot to say it is on Kildare St.
    website

www.townbarandgrill.com

Advertisement