Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Biffy Clyro

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just downloaded 'Puzzle' there on a recommendation and I think I'll be getting the rest of their albums straight away. It's brilliant. 'Machines' is just beautiful. It's my new 'Glycerine'.

Vertigo of Bliss would be the one I'd recommend, if I had to. But really all the other 3 albums are amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Excellent band. Infinity Land probably being the best of the albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Big fan of the Biff myself to be honest.

Song of choice from Puzzle would absolutely be "Get ****ed Stud"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

I feel sorry for fans of this band, theyve become soooo popular, and are being compared as the next Nirvana by some publications. I personally dont listen to any of them but I do admire their talent. I just think it might go the same way as Metallica, as the band you no longer had in your back pocket, to the band that are filling stadiums around the world and you now hate because EVERYONE likes them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I actually finally have all the albums of this band. I'm pretty much addicted to With Aplomb the whole time, Glitter & Trauma from Infinity Land, Justboy from Blackened Sky and well anything from Puzzle, although I think 'Living' means the most to me right about now, for personal reasons, so I couldnt be happier with it.

Think I get to meet the band in Limerick, as long as my friend is definately able to get the day off work. That'd be class. Going to see them twice now, so shall be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Read the stickies dude you can't talk about those gigs.

Puzzle is the only album I have but I quite like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I feel sorry for fans of this band, theyve become soooo popular, and are being compared as the next Nirvana by some publications. I personally dont listen to any of them but I do admire their talent. I just think it might go the same way as Metallica, as the band you no longer had in your back pocket, to the band that are filling stadiums around the world and you now hate because EVERYONE likes them
    myself as a huge fan, i want to see biffy succeed, they are some of the most hard working guys i've seen before, they will succeed but it's whether or not i enjoying the music whilst they succeed or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cremo wrote: »
    myself as a huge fan, i want to see biffy succeed, they are some of the most hard working guys i've seen before, they will succeed but it's whether or not i enjoying the music whilst they succeed or not.

I dont know if I'm the best to be saying this, as I know you being the huge Biffy fan here, but I do really love these guys now, listen daily alongside the likes of AiC, Sp, QOTSA amongst others, and I agree with everything you ssaid here. Down to a tee. They finally cracked the market this year, yet still try and fit in as many gigs as possible(Glasto to Paris being a fine example). And the fact that, in Ireland anyways, they are still playing small, regional venues, they're bringing the music to the fans, not just in to Dublin and out again. They do this for a love of the music, cos I cant imagine them earning too much from gigs in the Savoy and Dolans. Wish I'd actually paid more attention to their live shows before Puzzle, as I did recognise they were good then, but not hugely into them like now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm glad you love them tbh, imo i think everyone should hear biffy clyro. if that means that someone is lured to them by puzzle then that's fine by me.

the guys are tour powerhouses, i've seen them at least 10 times, 4 times in one year :eek: if i remember correctly.

their ethos is if you don't tour you shouldn't be in a band. and looking at their tour schedule over the past year (2007) they'd be lucky to have 2 weeks off.

Advertisement