Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political Parties (who should we vote for)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭the demon

we could try signing a petition and have one guy hand it in to the dail, or if there are any journalists out there who shoot maybe they could persuade their editor to print a story on our plight for equality in the EU and stop the RIP OFF REPUBLIC! I do believe though that the more noise we make in lots of places the better we will be heard! ( i dont mean firing our guns outside the GPO) sidneyreilly is right, lets look for more ways to protest and DRIVE OUR POINT HOME!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Trouble is at the moment a "spectacular" isnt going to have a snowballs chance in Hell in getting much attention with the election coverage.Then when the new crowd comes it it will be close to Dail Summer recesses,so not much will be done then until the Dail resumes in Autumn[Oct or thereabouts:rolleyes: ]
    Best thing is to remind all and sundry by email phone,fax letters etc that we voted for them and now we would like our payment in the Budget 2008 that this farsce is reworked into a senseible price and that OMOL is implimented.
    Whoever is in oppo will want to have somthing to slam the new lot with and the crowd that is in power will want to be seen honouring their promises,unless they want to see a media campain in Dec that they are no different from the last crowd that was turfed out.Then would be time to do a spectacular

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I'm not sure how relevant this will be to the non-ISSF people - or, as it went out late, even if we'll get replies from everyone - but we sent the following round to all the parties recently by fax and email. We'll see if we get any replies (and post them here and on the NTSA website, obviously).

Party Questionnaire

Candidate Questionnaire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

That's a brilliant idea Sparks, and the questionnaire is well put together. I think the answers will be of great interest to all of us.

dimebag is right, the questionaire is really very well put together, However, the questions posed are VERY direct and require VERY DIRECT answers,bearing in mind they have been sent to politicians do you really think any of them will reply?? It might sound like i have no faith in our politicians but there is good reason for that................... I DONT!!!!

• Advertisement

do you really think any of them will reply?
    Doesn't matter what I think - if you don't ask a direct question, you've little chance for a direct answer, and I think we don't really need roundabout hints at this point :D

Responses so far...

[quote=Garreth McDaid
    Green Party
    Roscommon-South Leitrim]
    I'm sorry, but I don't have the time at the moment to acquaint myself
    sufficiently with these issues.

I feel I would be doing you a disservice to respond to your
    questionnaire without having done the necessary research.

rgds
    [/quote]

[quote=Sean Sherlock
    Deputy Mayor, Mallow Town Council
    Labour Party
    Cork East]
    I cant open the pdf to answer...can you send in word format. I will be making my own response to this document and basing my answers on my own position and not on the basis of what the Labour Party might say.
    I represent a rural constituency and that would reflect the fact that many of my friends and neighbours hold gun licences..
    If you can send on the questionaire again I would be delighted to respond
    all the best
    Sean

(The questionnaire was resent to Cllr. Sherlock and we await his reply...)[/quote]

[quote=Maire McKay
    Green Party
    Laois-Offaly]
    MaireMcKay_1.jpg
    MaireMcKay_2.jpg
    MaireMcKay_3.jpg
    MaireMcKay_4.jpg
    MaireMcKay_5.jpg
    [/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Maire McKay seems honest anyway that is a big plus even if she does suppotrt thr increase##

Garreth McDaid I'm sorry, but I don't have the time at the moment to acquaint myself
    sufficiently with you.

I feel I would be doing you a disservice to for you in this election without having done the necessary research

ok, lets see how it pans out. Dont hold your breath waiting for replies or positive reaction,.

A few more replies of the "I've passed this on to my boss" variety but only this in terms of actual answers:
    Dear Secretary,
    I attach herewith my response to the NTSA Questionnaire.
    Kind regards.
    Yours sincerely,
    PAUDGE CONNOLLY, TD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

The Sherlocks in Mallow are OK on hunting and shooting - or at least they should be - I got some of the best ferrets I've ever had off their family - good honest country folk ;)

Sparks,
    I dont quite get this:confused: .I clicked on the link,get a password request,[guest being the password,leave name blank].Get to the doc and the questionare is totally unfilled in? Is this how he sent it back?Or has the details gone awry somwhere in the computor processes?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

He has an (x) alongside the ones he selected.

The password bit's wierd, I don't get that here (but maybe that's 'cos I'm using openoffice). Lurcher's right though, he added X's to the document.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Suggests a minimum age limit of 21, nice.

Ok,second attempt,now the X's appear.... Weird.

Advertisement