Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Rid Of Top Soil - Any Ideas?

Options
  • 07-05-2007 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm planning to dig a hole to put a pond in the garden. As a result I'll have a couple of thousand litres of soil to dispose of. Some I'll keep as I'll need it, but the bulk of it will have to go. Now a skip would be the obvious answer, but my question is does anyone have any ideas for a cheaper solution?

I don't fancy disposing of it like the POWs in The Great Escape :D

Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Top soil souldn't be hard to get rid of, I'd suggest a "Free to take away" type notice on the noticeboard in your local Tescos or such like. Just get a plastic sheet and pile the soil up in your driveway.

Alternatively ring around your local landscape gardeners and see if they are interested in it...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I built some large raised beds to take the soil from a 4,000 gallon pond ..... I reckon that would equal approx 640 cubic feet or 23 cubic yards (in old money ;) )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,672 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

put a notice up in your local garden centre too, if they'll let you - they might not, if they sell topsoil.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

you should advertise it on some of the recycle websites - freecycle or jumbletown - when i need topsoil thats where i go looking for it

Advertisement