Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ultimate - Poetry Predictions ENG (H)

Options
  • 07-05-2007 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

Who do you back to come up in this years Leaving Cert?
    I wont vote because I dont know.

What poet is likely to come up? 34 votes

Plath
    0% 0 votes
    Bishop
    50% 17 votes
    Montague
    2% 1 vote
    Donne
    23% 8 votes
    Yeats
    8% 3 votes
    Kavanagh
    14% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

Roflmao. What have you got against Frost and Eliot? In fact, what have you got against the other thread on english predictions for that matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Darn can't edit the poll.

The answer to your question however. I dont study Frost and Elliot :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Three english threads - it's the mocks all over again. People will start rioting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Please forgive me. Theres that many threads I didnt notice the other thread title ''ENGLISH PREDICTIONS''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ah stop the bítchin' the other is about English in general, this is a poll on poetry only. TBH having the poll makes it easier than having to read every single post to see peoples' predictions, some of us are lazy y'know! ;p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I SO SO SO SO want Yeats to come up. Hes the only one who I found interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I found Yeats interesting, he's just a bitch to write about. His themes are either political or natural, two themes I'm not any good at.

Plath on the other hand only has one theme to bother mention about, depression. I hope to sweet jesus she comes up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

What about frost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I'm getting a bizarre mental image of the 6 mentioned poets in a race on a greyhound track. So far Plath is in the lead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

What about frost
    Read the thread. 3rd post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Steve01 wrote:
    I'm getting a bizarre mental image of the 6 mentioned poets in a race on a greyhound track. So far Plath is in the lead

Plath will most likely top herself before the finish line

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Nehpets wrote:
    Plath will most likely top herself before the finish line
    :D absolutely! But yea everyone has been going on about Plath and Montague.Teachers especially who have been good at guessing these things in the past.But i suppose it is just guessing........

Advertisement