Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will you be watching 24 next season?

• 07-05-2007 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Has your loyalty faded after this fairly dull, damp season? Or will you stand by your man Jack till the bitter end next time around? :o

Will you be watching S7 22 votes

Yes, CTU anytime
    0% 0 votes
    No, This show is now worse then Cugars
    90% 20 votes
    Meah, ill wait and see
    9% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Sad to say it, but no I won't. I've already stopped watching s6. I've never missed an episode until now (not even s4) but this season's been a new low and has shown how the writers have lost the ability to think of new ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'm gonna finish out s06 and see how it ends.

Chances are I'll forget all about so7 until it's that time again and I won't be able to help myself.

So yes, I'll watch Day7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Of course I will. They'res always enough there to keep me interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Yeah, I think I will still be watching 24 in season 7. I would just hope that they have a different storyline than the Chinese.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Probably not to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Theres heavy specualtion that somethins gonna happen to
    Chloe
    , so if that happens, I prob wont watch it, shes one of the main reasons I watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Just because Day 6 has not lived up to expectations does not mean you should give up on it all together. It was just a few weak episodes, DAMN IT!

Did big Jack give up on his country after they gave up him? Did Kim continue to put herself in dangerous situations time after time, as if learning nothing? Will Kiefer have any hair left by the time the movie is made?

Tune in for Day 7 to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I remember when people said 24 was dead after season 4. Then came season 5, one of the best ever.

I will be watching.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

My problem with it, aside from the plots getting worse and worse, is the lack of any meaningful characters.

Spoilers for what has been shown on US TV so far:
    They've killed Palmer, Tony, Michelle, made Audrey a vegetable, dropped Kim, and relegated Chloe to the background, and have replaced them with immensely boring characters that mean nothing to Jack. He doesn't care, and neither do I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

tbh,its too slow to watch once a week,for season 7,will properbly be watching on dvd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

silvine wrote:
    Just because Day 6 has not lived up to expectations does not mean you should give up on it all together. It was just a few weak episodes, DAMN IT!

Did big Jack give up on his country after they gave up him? Did Kim continue to put herself in dangerous situations time after time, as if learning nothing? Will Kiefer have any hair left by the time the movie is made?

Tune in for Day 7 to find out.

Yep, good point, kiefer will have probably gone bald and kim none the wiser by s7 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I havn't watched a full season since S2 and in my opinion this season has been as good if not *shock* better. So I'll definately be watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

After the latest episode, yes, yes i will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I will give it a shot in the hope that they turn it around.

I wonder if a lot/all of the writers and people who masterminded the show have moved on, or taken up crack, but if they haven't, or if they can be brought back/replaced by decent people, or drop the habit, then they can turn it around.

Here's hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It really hasn't been THAT bad, I've enjoyed quite a few episodes. It just isn't Jack-centric enough. I suspect the writers are aware of this, hopefully they'll rectify it next season.

The thing about 24 is the first 4 or 5 episodes always start off really well, so you watch it hoping it wont suck, but of course then chloe comes in and starts whinging about protocols and they start repeating what happened in the previous season and it all turns to ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I definately will be, but the jury is still out on how I will be watching it.

This is the first season I've watched it week-by-week, I bought all the others on dvd. I think this has taken away from my enjoyment (well, apart from the fact it hasn't been the greatest season). I think I get more of a feel for the 'real-time' when I'm watching hours on end.

Having said that, though, I'm not sure I'll have the patience to wait if I know it's on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kel Varnsen

As long as Jack's still around, I'll be sitting in front of my TV every time that clock ticks.

Advertisement