Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 : Can't text Meteor (or possibly 086 numbers)

Options
  • 07-05-2007 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is having difficulty texting Meteor numbers (all 086) from "3"

I can't send anything to a couple of 086 numbers from my "3" phone.

Rang their customer service who were polite but useless as ever!

Was put through the going through my SMS settings (Fair enough)
    Sending test texts to my own number (Worked fine)
    to a vodafone number (worked fine)
    To the Meteor number in question (failed immediately)

They woudln't report it as a technical issue and suggest that I bring my phone to a 3 store to have my sim card tried in a different handset and another 3 sim tried in my handset...

(which seems like a lot of nonsense! as the problem is highly unlikely to be on my handset)

why oh why do they keep fobbing stuff off?!? I am really not liking 3 much at all.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Just wondering if anyone else is having difficulty texting Meteor numbers from "3".

I can't send anything to a couple of 086 numbers on "3".
    I don't follow? You can't text anyone on Meteor from your 3 SIM. You also can't send messages to people with 086 numbers on the 3 network?

Anyway, if it works fine to other networks then ring them back and ask them to log it. Don't hang up until they do - they can't hang up on you. I assume your friend can recieve messages from others fine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I really am not interested in spending another hour on the phone to someone who keeps putting me back through standard customer service steps over and over.

I cannot text meteor numbers, I wish their "customer care" agent would just take ownership fo the problem and stop trying to fob me off with stupid answers. I don't have the time for this kind of nonsense!

They are a complete joke!

I can text : Vodafone and Three numbers (haven't tested O2)
    I cannot text : Meteor

I cannot see how this could in any way be a problem with my handset or SIM. Neither of these devices can even identify which network the numbers are on. It can only be a problem on the 3 network and with their SMS connection to Meteor, or some other routing issue.

I quite honestly couldn't be bothered going into town to a 3 store and having to explain the problem again and again. You'd think they'd be bloody greatful that a customer rang them up to log a network fault so that they could get it ironed out rather than just fob them off with a load of nonsense.

As soon as my contract is up I am disconnecting from this completely stupid network.

Their products, from a technical point of view and their price points are quite good. But, if their customer service is so utterly dire, I really have no interest in dealing with them.

So far:
    Direct debit problems
    Errors on my bill, which resulted in it being flagged as unpaid despite being paid and I got quite a lot of calls from their collections department!
    Technical support that is drastically below par.
    Rudely treated in the 3 store when I tried to get my handset repaired (W850i broke down)
    Took them 4 weeks to send out a sim card!!!
    Been given information that pertained to 3 UK customers, not 3 Ireland.
    Unexplained network failures at least twice.
    Inability to log into roaming partners in Belgium. BASE refused connections from me, despite it's being listed as a roaming partner.
    The list goes on and on..

I've been with O2 and Meteor in the past and have had absolutely no issues with either. They're far from perfect, but they are light years ahead of 3 in terms of how they support customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i just sent to a meteor phone from my 3 phone. curiouser and curiouser.

edit: and i texted an 086 number fine too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Its still a bit vague..can you text an O2 086 number?.. find out is is it solely 086 numbers on the Meteor network that you cant text and post back here..

I'll run some further tests tomorrow - can' t be texting people in the wee small hours :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

No problems with texting Meteor, Vodafone or O2 numbers from my 3 handset.

I tried texting :

Meteor both an 085 number and a ported 086 number - both worked
    O2 both an 086 number and a ported number - both worked
    Vodafone - worked
    Three - Worked.

The two specific numbers that would work yesterday still won't work.

On further investigation one of them is an 086 on meteor, the other is an 086 on O2!
    I've tried texting these numbers from Vodafone - works perfectly
    Same from O2 and meteor!

Will not go through from 3 under any circumstances.

Anyway, it's now been logged with 3's technical department.

I think I just got a jobsworth on the phone yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

No problems with texting Meteor, Vodafone or O2 numbers from my 3 handset.

ha-ha! ah good old rogue.. 2.33 in the morning, and texting several different networks..

all ex-gf's/bf's I presume?? Any joy??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

A friend cancelled her 200 text Add-on last week and has been unable to send texts to any network since. Wonder it a similar issue?
    Customer service said it must be the settings on the phone. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

A slightly similar issue I have is that I don't recieve call me messages from some of my friends on Meteor. I thought it this affected all Meteor call mes but my brother just switched to them and was able to send one to me no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

A friend cancelled her 200 text Add-on last week and has been unable to send texts to any network since. Wonder it a similar issue?
    Customer service said it must be the settings on the phone. :rolleyes:
    are you implying that the customer care don't know what they're talking about !!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

BLASPHEMY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

The two specific numbers that would work yesterday still won't work.

Curiouser and curiouser

are you entering the numbers manually for sending texts or recalling it from your phones memory?
    Try both different ways and with and without the full prefix ie 0035386etc etc or +35386etc etc.
    Also can you receive a text from these people? and if so.. what happens if you reply..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@fachtnaroe
    Your probs seem to be possible updates to the website rather than problems.
    Group texts are handled the same on O2 aswell and I wouldn't have expected otherwise really.

Hardly relevent in this thread anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I have exactly the same problem. Seems to only be 086 numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Did you re-start your phone? earlier today I couldn't send any MMS but I turned my phone off and on and it worked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lisasweb

I am having this problem now!! Can't text Meteor 086 numbers from my Three (UK) phone.

Did you guys work out what the issue was eventually? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

I had this problem with Three texting 086 on Meteor too and the only way they would believe it wasn't a problem with my phone or SIM was when I told them that not even webtexts were being delivered to these particular numbers. They logged it and looked into it and eventually got back to say the problem had been fixed. I'm not sure what the fix was though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lisasweb

Thanks Podge - I've logged the issue with Three so maybe I'll just keep pestering them until it works again. Very bizarre the way it just happened out of the blue...

Advertisement