Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

technik website ?

• 07-05-2007 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience dealing with them ?

Are they reputable ? Do the plasmas & dvd recorders have tuners that work in Ireland (for analogue) ?

Better than buying in DID (for example) ? The plasma I have my eye on - LG 50" is 1799 here V 1681 (plus 80 shipping) there. Haven't seen the DVDs around so no comparisson.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

I think you'd want to be mad to consider buying on the web for a saving of 40 odd euro.

Web buying is fine for medium/large savings on a product but I wouldn't advise it for such a small saving.
    There are a lot of advantages in being able to pop back into the store where you buy your tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

That's the way I'm leaning conar, however should I decide to drop down to a 42" the price saving is in the hundreds of euro (€982 online Vs €1300 instore). Plus as I said the DVD recorders are there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

I ordered a 42" plasma from them last week, awaiting delivery (it has been shipped). €300 saving over price here and even then I would have to travel to Dublin from Galway to collect.

So far the Germans have been very good, prompt replies to email. TV warranty is pan-European too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Got a 42" samsung plasma in power city of all places for €1200 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

Am I missing something here apart from the IDTV?

Model JVC LT37A80ZU price delivered €832 from Technik Direkt

http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/lcd-plasma-tv/156793/-/Article.html?SESSIONID=tjwb5x55fwbxkoa2njc3mamo-2

Model JVC LT-37DA8 available in a number of places but all at or above €1199.

http://www.allianceelectric.ie/products/tv/plasmalcd/lt37da8.htm

That's a saving of more than €350 is buying from Technik. I have Sky so the IDTV would be of little use to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement