Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new Interrail tickets

• 07-05-2007 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They seem to have changed the interrail system.

Is it now saying that I can buy a ticket valid for 10 days out of 22.

So I can pick any 10 days within the 22 to travel on? They do NOT need to be consecutive?

Gonna pop into the officeo one of the days, was hoping someone had experience with the new ones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah I was reading about the new tickets. Seems a bit too complicated for me :( lol. The good news is the global ticket hasn't changed -- it's still unlimited travel within the month. They've gotten rid of the whole 'Zones' system, I think, and Morocco are no longer in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

http://www.usit.ie/472/index.html

Prices seem to have gone up a little bit, but i think this means you can just go anywhere in Europe rather than sticking to the zones

We should start a new inter rail thread like the one last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭bloodninja

Say if you buy a france and an italy ticket separate do they cover cross border trips????

Any one

not sure don't know if you'll get an answer here but I presume they do cover them, you have a pass to be on the train in france and in italy so they must

just for anyone who has been interrailing before did any of you camp rather than stay in hostels?

dcarroll wrote:
    not sure don't know if you'll get an answer here but I presume they do cover them, you have a pass to be on the train in france and in italy so they must

just for anyone who has been interrailing before did any of you camp rather than stay in hostels?
    it wouldnt work out much cheaper though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Hostels all the way. Camping means you have to carry around extra with you and it's a lot harder in bigger citys (granted, we weren't looking for campsites).

would camping be cheaper though? as in camping on beaches/in random fields? and we intend to be in more towns than cities so they might have more campsites than hostels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If there's no charge for camping then it's cheaper ... I'd love the hot shower in the morning though :)

Really up to yourself, we didn't give it much thought the last time we went (Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Denmark) as it just wasn't very appealing.

We did get some hostels for about €10-€15 per night though - worth the price of a fresh shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Does this mean that you have to specify your travel dates because that would be a pain in the ass. Actually, that would really ruin it for me.

About camping, yes it is much cheaper; about €5/night. I camped in Croatia, Munich, Amsterdam and Biarritz. But if you plan on camping BRING SOMETHING SOFT TO SLEEP ON. I really cannot stress that enough!

yeah we plan on doing a bit of surfing though so most beaches in france etc. have outdoor showers beside them

So the budget would be €5 a night for camping - how much extra would you need for food and drink?

• Advertisement

Camping in proper campsites is the same as staying in hostels, except you don't get a bed. You still have hot showers, bathrooms, and usually cooking facilities.

In fact, in France, we camped "In" a hostel. In the back garden of the hostel.

Works out as about €5 per person per night.

Advertisement