Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What VW Golf kit is this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Why not ring the seller and ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Think I probably will, just said i'd ask here anyway to see if anyone knew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Looks like a mix of a few differnt splitters to me, not an actual ''kit''.

Balls, will cost me more than expected so if I want it to look like that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

No it shouldnt really mate, have you tried ebay? Ive gotten kits and splitters for my past and present car/s there. Works out a lot cheaper than buyin in shops in Ireland!

• Advertisement

SaxoDuff wrote:
    No it shouldnt really mate, have you tried ebay? Ive gotten kits and splitters for my past and present car/s there. Works out a lot cheaper than buyin in shops in Ireland!

I have looked alright, have just been a bit wary. Would be afraid that they would crack easily or even be cracked on arrival! But yeah, just have to find one to suit now and see how much it will be for spraying them and all that :) Still a while to go, might even find a car with a kit on it when I'm buying, although I'd rather do it myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

get the R32 bodykit from ebay.its cheap and looks class

drdre wrote:
    get the R32 bodykit from ebay.its cheap and looks class

Have been looking at that alright. Don't want something too big either though but will consider it. Have to rake all the notes together first anyway! :D

DJ Hafez wrote:
    Have been looking at that alright. Don't want something too big either though but will consider it. Have to rake all the notes together first anyway! :D

Im hoping to get a golf in the summer then will do it up nicely with r32 bodykit and exhaust.Should be a nice project
    Ebay seems the cheapest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

The rear splitter on that looks muck, it has a cut out for a twin exhaust but no exhaust. The R32 kit looks really good, I've only seen it on two Golf's in Ireland that weren't R32s. One done well, a jazz blue GTI but the other didn't look so hot with non oem wheels and original light clusters. The dude even added the R32 Badge to his originally baseline 1.4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

dont buy replica r32 kits, get the real thing or not at all, replica kits are crap.

also have a look for the anniversary edition kit for something more subtle

both kits will cost ya tho

Cyrus wrote:
    dont buy replica r32 kits, get the real thing or not at all, replica kits are crap.

also have a look for the anniversary edition kit for something more subtle

both kits will cost ya tho

The real r32 kit is over 1500 euro.Without paint
    there was one on ebay and it was really expensive :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

anniversary kit is cheaper i think

honestly replica fibreglass kits are rubbish, you'll spend as much getting them fitted (due to adjustments reqd as they are always a poor fit) and repainted as they pick up chips very easily.

all you need on a golf is to lower the suspension and fit 18" BBS rc or ch or lm alloy wheels, jobs a good un then and itll look much better than any crappy fibreglass body kit

see the uk-mkivs website

Cyrus wrote:
    anniversary kit is cheaper i think

honestly replica fibreglass kits are rubbish, you'll spend as much getting them fitted (due to adjustments reqd as they are always a poor fit) and repainted as they pick up chips very easily.

all you need on a golf is to lower the suspension and fit 18" BBS rc or ch or lm alloy wheels, jobs a good un then and itll look much better than any crappy fibreglass body kit

see the uk-mkivs website

Yeah theres some really nice cars on the uk-mkivs website.

I'd say I might go for the anniversary kit, lower the car 40mm or so and tint the windows a small bit. Looking for a black car around August so i just hope i'll be able to find the right one :P

DJ Hafez wrote:
    I'd say I might go for the anniversary kit, lower the car 40mm or so and tint the windows a small bit. Looking for a black car around August so i just hope i'll be able to find the right one :P

Im in the same situation.Im looking for the right bargain for a golf around 00-02 .Then im going to put a r32 bodykit on it
    I missed the oppourtunity for a 02 1.4 golf with 35k miles on it for on 7500 euro.that was a great deal but when i rang the guy for the second time he said it was sold :(

Anyway im still on the lookout for one but there really hard to find at a bargain and are normally well overpriced.

Im in love with this car.I seen it on another site. :eek:
    I really want this one but he stripped it and is modifing it or doing something to it.

I love the alloys and leather :D

Now look at the state of it at the moment in picture 4 :(

just to let you knoe theres a r32 kit for sale on adverts.ie for 500 euro if you are interested.

Advertisement