Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another injury.......

• 07-05-2007 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From the observer site:

-Mr. Kennedy suffered what we believe was a tricep injury over the weekend. We don't have any details other than it appears to be significant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Well bang goes the reason for watching SD! for me now.
    Seriously, whats with all these f*ckin' injurys on the same brand? Just kill off the SD brand as well!

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

Ahh you must be joking. And just when he was about to become world champion. There goes my reason for watching smackdown aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah that's crap. I don't think he was going to be winning the title soon though to be honest. Bad break for him though, he had an injury that kept him off WM last year

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    Ahh you must be joking. And just when he was about to become world champion. There goes my reason for watching smackdown aswell

You know this how?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Jaysus, it just can't get any worse for SD right now. First the Undertaker and now Kennedy?! Ah sure all is not lost: Mark Henry is coming back! With him back on SD we can all look forward to a summer of 30min classics between himself and Batista for the World title.
    Seriously though this is Kennedys second major injury since debuting on SD. Seems as though he's fairly prone to injury eh?
    What this might mean now though, is that we might see a draft from RAW to SD. I suppose Randy Orton would be the perfect replacment.

• Advertisement

Well it was unlikely that he was going to keep his money in the bank until next years wrestlemania and I don't think he would lose when he did cash it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Jaysus, it just can't get any worse for SD right now. First the Undertaker and now Kennedy?! Ah sure all is not lost: Mark Henry is coming back! With him back on SD we can all look forward to a summer of 30min classics between himself and Batista for the World title.
    Seriously though this is Kennedys second major injury since debuting on SD. Seems as though he's fairly prone to injury eh?
    What this might mean now though, is that we might see a draft from RAW to SD. I suppose Randy Orton would be the perfect replacment.

Apparently Dusty Rhodes wants Orton to change brands to try and keep him on the good side of everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Shame about Kennedy if it keeps him out a while. His match with Hardy on SD last week was the best match I've seen him have.

First time ever I have to agree with Mr.nice guy the match with matt hardy was briiliant. I really think ken is getting better with every match and now this happens to him its such a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

Shame about Kennedy if it keeps him out a while. His match with Hardy on SD last week was the best match I've seen him have.
    First time i ever heard you saying something good about kennedy, but i have to say i agree with you, i also heard news that he's going to be at raw tonight.

• Advertisement

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    First time ever I have to agree with Mr.nice guy the match with matt hardy was briiliant. I really think ken is getting better with every match and now this happens to him its such a shame.

Heh and here come the Kennedy bandwagon jumpers now! :)
    KK has shown a vast improvement in over the past year, especially since returning from injury last year (must be that ol HHH syndrome ;) ) and as much as i like the guy, i think it would be too soon for him to get the belt, or is it considering others have gotten it sooner?

Besides, who else you gonna put it on? Back to Batista? Benoit only to have his reign mismanaged once again? MVP so he can use the belt as the badge to his lovely Star Trek outfit??!

SD! is f*cked right now sadly.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I wouldn't say SmackDown! is f*cked right now, but it is defo in trouble. I think HBK and Orton will be heading to SmackDown!, unfortunatly these injuries will damage WWE as a whole. Although we may see some stars up their game and break through the glass ceiling. Also, I think it would be great to see Flair get another run with the gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Theres 0 chance of seeing HBK on the blue brand, aint gonna happen!
    And Orton getting pushed into the main picture of smackdown, great punishment that eh? :confused:
    It would be great to see benoit pick up the title, isnt rey due back with a big aul push sometime soon?

b0bsquish wrote:
    isnt rey due back with a big aul push sometime soon?

Dear christ, i really hope not! Seriously, how many times can he blow Eddie's corpse for a push? :(

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Dear christ, i really hope not! Seriously, how many times can he blow Eddie's corpse for a push? :(

VR!

I think this time he won't be blowing anything to get pushed. I can't wait for Rey to return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Mr. Kennedy will be gone for between 5 - 7 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

kennedy being gone could have the austin effect on him,keep him out of competition but on camera as a personality,so we have rey,booker,taker,kennedy,hbk is about to go out for a while or work a shorter,taker like schedule,lashley (not that anyone misses him) all out injured,the company is in a bit of trouble at the mo,maybe vince should make a long overdue call to one mr jericho.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

well what happened on Raw last nite sure sure does clear this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Smackdown would kill for Angle now.

I hope they use this crisis for a bit of good. Move Benoit up to heavyweight championship contention and revitalise the US title by bringing Nitro and Benjamin in from Raw and Burke and Thorne in from ECW. With MVP as champ I'd love to watch a division with criminally underused talent . They could easily get at least two great matches a week from those 5 and Helms whose already there. I'd definitley prefer to watch that then rey be on the backfoot to Batista for the whole match before hitting the 619.

Having said that, I could see the WWE taking the easy way out with a draft lottery or hour long deuce and domino versus Kendrick matches to fill up space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

Mr. Kennedy will be gone for between 5 - 7 months.
    It going to be 6-8 weeks now. This is taken from wwe.com
    "Edge may not want to get too comfortable wearing the World Heavyweight Championship around his Rated-R waist. WWE.com has received word that the initial prognosis for Mr. Kennedy’s arm injury was overstated.

Based on Kennedy’s extensive MRI at the Birmingham, Ala., offices of Dr. James Andrews, WWE’s Dr. Ferdinand Rios now reports that the SmackDown Superstar’s triceps tendon “was not torn from the bone as originally reported, and will not require surgery.”

Due to the severity of Kennedy’s hematoma — a collection of blood within a tissue or organ — he is still not cleared to compete from a medical standpoint.

“He’s still vulnerable to injury and the arm remains badly swollen,” said Dr. Rios. “I’d expect him to be out of action for about six to eight weeks.”

Upon hearing the positive report, WWE.com caught up with the former Money in the Bank holder. Though clearly relieved, he’s already shifting his focus from a likely six months of recovery time to plotting his next move.

“This is great news for me; I don’t have a torn muscle,” Kennedy said. “But the good news for me is really, really bad news for Edge. He took something from me…took advantage of my unfortunate situation. Now he and everyone else have just a short amount of time to worry about what I’m going to do when I get back.”

EDIT: Bit of a spoiler in there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bryan Alvarez of f4wonline.com is reporting that Shane Helms has a major neck injury, perhaps a break.

He apparently saw Dr. Lloyd Youngblood today and may be the next person in line for fusion surgery.

Advertisement