Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jewellers in limerick

Options
  • 07-05-2007 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭

I recently purchased an item of jewellery in the city , did the usual and shopped around as there seems to b plenty of them around, ended up purchasing in Keanes Jewellers on o'Connell St, the service in there is second to none, v friendly staff if anyone is thinking of buying some bling!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

yayamark wrote:
    I recently purchased an item of jewellery in the city , did the usual and shopped around as there seems to b plenty of them around, ended up purchasing in Keanes Jewellers on o'Connell St, the service in there is second to none, v friendly staff if anyone is thinking of buying some bling!!

Seconded. They're like stepford wives in there. You might have to wait a few minutes around Christmas, but they'll practically pick the gift for idiots like me.

Tell them how much and they'll get you something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Seems to me that for every smartly dressed fawning retail assistant these folks have on the shop floor at any one time there is another 50% markup on the price tag.........In my opinion if theres 8 grovelling jewellery shufflers working its ≈ 400% of a markup hit to your wallet :eek:

I've found them very reasonable. maybe slightly more expensive than Samuels, but then again, they're quite snappy in Samuels.

Wouldn't buy Jewellery anywhere else, except maybe Argos for watches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Raiser wrote:
    "smartly dressed fawning retail assistants" " grovelling jewellery shufflers"

Your damed if you do and your damed if you dont!! Dont think anyone workin in the retail industry who appreciate your comments about the staff in this jewellers. Have never heard anyone complain before about well dressed staff and plenty of them!!!!!! :confused::confused::confused:
    What influence has staff ever had on the mark up on products

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

yayamark wrote:
    Your damed if you do and your damed if you dont!! Dont think anyone workin in the retail industry who appreciate your comments about the staff in this jewellers. Have never heard anyone complain before about well dressed staff and plenty of them!!!!!! :confused::confused::confused:
    What influence has staff ever had on the mark up on products

:) I take your point & I may well be completely wrong........But I have an impression of certain retailing outfits - Apart from Keanes, Brown Thomas [Limericks premier eyesore since they closed Longpavement] is another example in my opinion of a shop where goods are not sold with a reasonable mark-up but instead sold at ridiculous prices because there will always be a sector of the consumer base who lap these high-end retailing theatrics up.

I apologise to any retail assistants who may have been offended - But I will say that to deny the existance of fawning and grovelling in Jewellery retailing puts one on shaky ground ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

if you can get better than kenelleys in wickem st. your in luck, been there for years, family run, more interested in the costumer than the dosh.

Kennelly's are fairly good too, but are any of Limerick's Jewellers not family run, with the possible exception of Samuels, which has to be the most unjeweller like store around and that one in Willaimscourt Mall which has what you might call staff with varying degrees of disinterest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

h samuel are not family run. part of a chain store crowd, keep your dosh in limerick

old boy wrote:
    h samuel are not family run. part of a chain store crowd, keep your dosh in limerick

I do try, but it's getting more difficult:( :(

Advertisement