Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huge Raw Spoiler

• 08-05-2007 4:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Mr.kennedy Comes Out And Counts Down The Days, He Meets Edge Backstage And Edge Asks Him To Put The Briefcase On The Line, Kennedy Says No, Then Edge Say Why Are You Scared, Then Kennedy Says I'll Do It, The Match Starts When Kennedy Walks Down The Ramp, Edge Attacks Him From Behind He Puts Him Through The Barrier And Starts Beating Him, Edge Rolls Him In The Ring And Gives Him A Spear 1,2,3 New Money In The Bank,after The Match Edge Hits Kennedy With The Breifcase Twice, Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Disghusted. Can't beleive it. Kennedy must have a serious injury or problem with his arm, as he injured it recently, but what a joke. The man pretty much everyone wanted to win money in the bank, does it a WM, and now loses it to Edge.

Can't beleive it. I hope this is only a stop gap, until Kennedy gets a rematch for it.

They must be really stuck for some good story lines on RAW.

Will have to wait and see, but am not happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

If this means Edge is going to Smackdown and winning the belt, I'm perfectly fine with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

It makes perfect sense for three reasons:
    1. Now Edge can say he never really lost at WM, cos he still ended up the the briefcase.
    2. WWE need to keep the MITB on TV, the can't let Mr. MITB off TV for 5-7 months (the rumored amount of time Kennedy (.....Kennedy) will miss), because people will forget about it.
    3. We get a great feud when Kennedy returns. I dunno about ye, but i'd love to see Egde Vs. Kennedy. The promos alone would be gold.

Its terrible to see him injured, but its prob best he was. With Undertaker out of action, WWE would prob have put the belt on him and the last thing we need is another 'green' champ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Ahh. Everything is normal again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

That sucks ass!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

sure it sucks for Kennedy tog et injured at this time, but i think Edge is prob the best person to go with here....Given Orton is supposedly being 'punished' ...I struggle to think of anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Edge would make a great champion. His title reigns have been too short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

World Wrestling Entertainment have lost another main-event player to injury, and that is rising SmackDown star Mr Kennedy.

Over the weekend, Kennedy suffered a major tricep tear at a house show in Poughkeepsie, New York and will be out for an estimated 5-7 months. This was the reason he lost the Money in the Bank briefcase to Edge on RAW last night and why he was subsequently laid out.

It's likely that Kennedy may return as a babyface taking into consideration how he was laid out by one of WWE's top heels.

Source: PWInsider.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Last night proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that at Wrestlemania 23 the WWE got things WRONG.

Edge was unbeaten at Wrestlemania just like The Undertaker. So then, do we have Edge go over and win the match even though he has a slight injury (not enough to prevent him from competing of course) or do we go with the bleached up, flash in the pan, new guy? Sadly they lost track of their business heads and went with the latter who is now out for months from the looks of it.

Well done Vince McMahon. You ended a streak that a year from now could have made you big money - Taker vs Edge has big bucks written all over it - but instead you went with the guy who can repeat his name. Bravo.

It really pisses me off.

On a brighter note all hail Edge the King of Money in the Bank! I personally hope he goes to Smackdown and defeats Taker for the belt which, ironically, was the idea I suggested for WM23. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

If Kennedy is goinging to be out for that long, there is still a chance he will get back MITB. As Minto said, they can't take Mr. MITB off TV, hence Edge winning it, but who is to say Edge uses it in the next 5-7 months. He didn't use it til January last time he had it so who is to say he does the same thing this time, convieniently not using it until Kennedy returns, who could then win it back, all the while WWE have a new fued to use in the run up to the Rumble, which is about the time Mr. Kennedy will be due back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Well I for one am happy that Edge now has the MITB briefcase. Kennedy is good yes but he isn't main event good in my eyes. He still needs to sharpen up both his in-ring skills (not that a lack of skill has ever stopped certain guys from becoming champion. Batista i'm looking at you) and his promo skill. People will argue that he is a great promo guy but I'll have to disagree. The man has potential on the mic alright but it's the same old song and dance every week and TBH i'm bored by most of his mic stuff these days. Edge on the other hand is lighyears ahead of Kennedy. He brings substance to both the ring and to promos.
    From the way things are shaping up, I can see Edge moving to SD. I would prefer that he didn't though because he's just suited to RAW because well, RAW is the main stage. Orton would be a much more suited candidate IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It's not the worst thing that could have happened. Most kennedy fans are edge fan's as well. I just feel sorry that he couldn't have lost it in a decent match. He deserved to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

if edge does go to smackdown that means he wont be at the point shows in june,boooooooooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

krudler wrote:
    if edge does go to smackdown that means he wont be at the point shows in june,boooooooooo!

Oh Shít! Never thought of that!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Last night proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that at Wrestlemania 23 the WWE got things WRONG.

I think that's being a bit unfair. Kennedy's unlucky to get injured, but it could have just have easily been Edge who got injured

I'd agree with Minto. It's smart to keep the MITB on tv. Edge gets over as an even more sneaky heel, and Kennedy has the beginnings of a face turn. Either way, most fans will have more respect for Kennedy now with the way he fought til the end

Initially I thought that it'd be best to wait til Kennedy returns and then have him win the MITB shot back. But wouldn't that make Edge look really stupid? He has around 6 months to use the title shot, if he hasn't used it by the time Kennedy's fit again then it's his own fault. But if Edge does use it, it sort of leaves Kennedy out of the loop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Minto wrote:
    It makes perfect sense for three reasons:
    1. Now Edge can say he never really lost at WM, cos he still ended up the the briefcase.
    2. WWE need to keep the MITB on TV, the can't let Mr. MITB off TV for 5-7 months (the rumored amount of time Kennedy (.....Kennedy) will miss), because people will forget about it.
    3. We get a great feud when Kennedy returns. I dunno about ye, but i'd love to see Egde Vs. Kennedy. The promos alone would be gold.

Its terrible to see him injured, but its prob best he was. With Undertaker out of action, WWE would prob have put the belt on him and the last thing we need is another 'green' champ.

I agree with everything you say. Your 3rd reason could be right or wrong, (there is no in between) like vince said, edge could go to SD. I reckon Edge going to SD is more likely than a fued with kennedy. We will see which comes true....

It's a pity kennedy lost the case.

Fozzy wrote:
    I think that's being a bit unfair. Kennedy's unlucky to get injured, but it could have just have easily been Edge who got injured

My point isn't so much that Kennedy wasn't a logical choice to win the MITB as he was (a case can be made for Punk too in my view), my main gripe is that they sacrificed Edge's streak in the first place.

The injury to Kennedy has proven that decision was a major error on WWE's part. Taker vs Edge in a streak vs streak match would have been a big draw but it's out the window now.

On a related matter, anyone know if Edge's win over Kennedy last night was the fastest victory in WWE history? Wrestling Observer's Raw report has the victory at 6 seconds. I believe Rock had a quick win over the Big Bossman years ago but I've no idea what the fastest pin ever is...

I don't think Edge's streak is lost really. He was never pinned or submitted, so he can still push that fact. As a heel I think it would still work, but if he were a face then it'd be kinda stretchin it

I remember a match on Raw that William Regal was in, I can't remember if he won or lost the match though. Either him or his opponent used the brass knucks, and the bell didn't ring to start the match until the ref had completed his 1-count, with the final bell ringing after the 3 count was completed. So the match was about 2 seconds altogether

EDIT: Just found a report on the Raw I was thinkin about, Spike Dudley bet Regal in 4 seconds to win the European Title according to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Fozzy wrote:
    I don't think Edge's streak is lost really. He was never pinned or submitted, so he can still push that fact. As a heel I think it would still work, but if he were a face then it'd be kinda stretchin it

I don't think that would work with his streak cos he (or christian) climbed a ladder for 3 of those 5 victories. Pins don't exactly feature in his streak

Fozzy wrote:
    I don't think Edge's streak is lost really. He was never pinned or submitted, so he can still push that fact. As a heel I think it would still work, but if he were a face then it'd be kinda stretchin it.

I think that's way too much of a stretch. Kennedy grabbed the briefcase and won the match therefore the other 5 lost out. I see you're what you're saying and they could go down that route in theory but I think it lacks a lot of credibility.

Imagine if Taker was in Edge's position and they tried to justify that Taker's streak was intact. Would fans accept it? I wouldn't anyway.
    Fozzy wrote:
    EDIT: Just found a report on the Raw I was thinkin about, Spike Dudley bet Regal in 4 seconds to win the European Title according to it

Interesting. I guess you can't top that since the ref needs to count for 3 seconds!

• Advertisement

Imagine if Taker was in Edge's position and they tried to justify that Taker's streak was intact. Would fans accept it? I wouldn't anyway.

I wouldn't either, but because it's Edge who would be claiming it, I think it could be pulled off in some way. He's meant to be a sneaky prick, so you'd believe that he believes he's unbeaten. Maybe they've got a plan for Taker's last WM match though, and Edge isn't a part of it, so it probably doesn't matter in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

Kennedy grabbed the briefcase and won the match therefore the other 5 lost out.
    eh i think you mean 7 lost out (matt,jeff,edge,orton,finlay,punk and booker t) i would rather Kennedy to win it anyway, Edge had the briefcase before, they should have given it to Orton.

Advertisement