Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Deutz 3D Engine Screensaver

Options
  • 08-05-2007 5:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Great screensaver showing an inline-four cylinder engine, I think its a tractor engine by Deutz, a German engine maker.

It starts by showing the engine assembling itself; with blocks cranks, bearings, cams, gaskets,manifolds, pumps, dipsticks, tappets ... the works!

It then gives gives you an inside look at the combustion compartment, injecting fuel, igniting it and expelling the exhaust fumes.

Download it form here, well worth a look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

? Am just getting an error re rebuilding screensaver on trial version to remove the error message?

- Not a Tappet in sight - getting a bit cranky though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane™

Sorry about that, it appears that all the files are needed

http://www.waygrinding.com/Motor_Download.htm

be warned it's a 43M download, but still worth it.

I'm not sure it is by Deutz as it looks like a petrol, can anyone confirm this?

From the stroke sequence it appears to have spark plugs and it looks like fuel is being injected into air before being injected into the combustion chamber, but I know very little about engines, any thoughts?

This site claims that it is a DOHC 4 cylinder engine, is that a petrol? He also states that "One of the parents, Mike, works at Ford Motor Company and brought this rather cool screensaver along yesterday evening." here. But if so why has he called it a Deutz Engine?

Actually that site has a smaller flash version, if 43M is too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

shouldnt have spark plugs if its a diesel (think you noticed that)

But I'm not sure if they are spark plugs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Errrmm

assuming that it is a Deutz Engine ....

The company "Deutz" now usually make big diesels, but their history goes back in a straight line to "Nikolaus Otto Gasmotorenfabrik" ...the same Nikolaus Otto that invented the "Ottomotor" aka the "petterel engine"

* I'll go and get me anorak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

....and, hanging my anorak on the coat-hook - ahem - didn't he just do that to avoid the petrol patent?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'm a bit scetchy on the details (and too lazy to google it) but afaik the first "Otto" engine ran on gas. Petrol in those days could only be bought in pharmacies.
    Only when the carburettor was bolted onto the gas engine (by whom I don't know ...but I suspect it was Carl Benz, as they call their petterel "Benzin" in Germany) did the more portable and storable Petrol become the powersource of choice.

Otto's engines were stationary and used as replacements for cumbersome steam engines in factories.

Deutz to this day still make stationary engines for Generators and the like.

3 more screensavers, to quote:

"The truck engine is a V8 all aluminum Over Head Valve engine with Active Fuel Management and Variable Valve Timing. The truck engine is used in the Denali and Escalade."

"The car engine is also a V8 all aluminum Over Head Valve engine but doesn't have the Active Fuel Management or Variable Valve Timing. The car engine is used in the Corvette."

Good but not as good as the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

First one was very good. Just watched it now. Nice find OP.

From reading the Ford item above,on youtube it's down as Ford 3d duratec HE assemblage.LINKY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Wow - can't believe this !!!

Thanks for posting OP

- For anyone else - this is def. worth a look :D

Runs off to tell people...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

Just downloaded the Deutz one and its super. Many thanks for sharing. I just wonder was there ever one done using the Wankel Rotary Engine, as that would be well worth seeing.

Advertisement