Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

End of season games

• 08-05-2007 9:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Wednesday:

Chelsea vs. Man Utd- Man Utd

Thursday:

Spurs vs. Blackburn - Spurs

Saturday:

Blackburn vs. Reading - Draw
    Bolton vs. Aston Villa - Bolton
    Chelsea vs. Everton - Everton (Chelsea resting players)
    Liverpool vs. Charlton - Charlton (Liverpool resting, Charlton no pressure)
    Man Utd vs. West Ham - Man Utd/Draw (United resting some players, but still having enough to finish off the season. I think this will depend on other results, and whether or not West Ham need a win)
    Middlesbro' vs. Fulham - Boro
    Portsmouth vs. Arsenal - Arsenal
    Tottenham vs. Man City - Spurs
    Watford vs. Newcastle - Watford
    Sheff Utd vs. Wigan - KEY GAME. I think it'll go to Sheff Utd.

----

The champions are done, but the UEFA Cup spots and the last spot in the premiership are still up for grabs on what will be an exciting last day.

Spurs against Blackburn will be key, as if Blackburn can win, they are in with a shout.

Everton defo have a spot in UEFA. If Bolton win, they are also in. If Spurs beat Blackburn, they are in, and even if they don't, if they beat Man City, they are in.

It'll be Spurs, Everton, Bolton in that order.

I think the relegation battle pretty much comes down to one match, Wigan vs. Sheffield United. If this isn't shown on TV, I'll go nuts to be honest.
    I think Sheffield will win it, as they've won so many of those 6 pointers this season. I really hope they don't, as I hate that type of football.
    Now here's where it gets interesting.
    If Wigan win say 1-0, West Ham will go down on goal difference unless they get something against United.

Currently:

Sheff United - 38 - GD: -22
    West Ham - 38 - GD: -25
    Wigan - 35 - GD: -23

So, if Wigan lose they are down.
    If West Ham get anything from Old Trafford, they are safe.
    If Wigan wins, under a 3 goal margin, and West Ham lose, West Ham go down.
    If Wigan win 3-0, and West Ham lose, Sheff United will go down on goals scored :)

It's gona be a really fun match :)

p.s. I think Ronaldo will play in both the Chelsea and West Ham games, as I think he wants to win the top scorer prize. He is two behind Drogba, and Drogba is defo injured, won't be played until the Cup final.

I think Chelsea vs. United will be interesting, and I think United will edge it, as Chelsea will have Kalou leading the line. That said, with Joe Cole in a team, anything can happen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

hopefully United whip West Ham, and Sheffield United get beat by Wigan; would love to send the hammers down, after they stopped us winning the league in 95.

However, I can see West Ham winning it, considering the United team is likely to include Tommy K, O'Shea, Richardson, Ole, Fletcher, Brown, possibly Eagles and maybe even a debut for DONG.

I also think Chelsea will win on wednesday - both teams will feature weakened lineups (i reckon) but there is more depth in the chelsea squad then in Uniteds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Wednesday:

Chelsea vs. Man Utd- Draw

Thursday:

Spurs vs. Blackburn - Spurs

Saturday:

Blackburn vs. Reading - Blackburn
    Bolton vs. Aston Villa - Draw
    Chelsea vs. Everton - Chelsea
    Liverpool vs. Charlton - Draw, game of no real benefit to either team
    Man Utd vs. West Ham - Draw
    Middlesbro' vs. Fulham - Boro
    Portsmouth vs. Arsenal - Arsenal
    Tottenham vs. Man City - Spurs
    Watford vs. Newcastle - Draw (in a very forgettable game)
    Sheff Utd vs. Wigan - Sheff Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I really hope Sheff Utd go down, although I doubt they will. i just really dislike Neill Warnock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Giggs and Scholes look set to be rested.
    I think we could see Eagles and Dong tonight.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,338 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Stekelly wrote:
    I really hope Sheff Utd go down, although I doubt they will. i just really dislike Neill Warnock.

You're not alone there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

On paddypower.com, you can get Wigan winning 2-0 at 16-1.

I think this result is very very likely, as it suits both teams perfectly. If this happens, and West Ham lose, both teams go up. If at half time, United are winning by a 2 goal margin, and the other teams hear this, both teams will be happy to accept this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Wigan haven't won in ages though and they've looked awful in the past wo months...away from home - unlikely. Sheff Utd won't take the risk of "settling" for a defeat, they'll want a result...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

TBH Im half expecting a Wigan win by one goal also even though they are playing brutal stuff. This along with a 2 goal United win at Old Trafford would send West Ham down. Heres hoping.

Advertisement