Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pathetic Election Gimmicks

Options
  • 08-05-2007 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

I thought that seeing Fine Gael candidates giving each other love on Bebo was bad enough, but now I see that the Waterford FF candidate, Ollie Wilkinson, is entering everyone who texts him "Vote No 1 Ollie" into a draw for 2 [Banned Event] tickets. I suppose I should have expected nothing less from a man who claims that Waterford already has a university and public radiotherapy and soon to have a 40,000 seater stadium! Nevertheless, trying to appeal to the public in that way is, in my mind, pathetic!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

Some Fine Gael candidate out my area is handing out mini Lion bars... The candidate is actually a doctor, you'd think he'd be more health conscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

marie_85 wrote:
    Some Fine Gael candidate out my area is handing out mini Lion bars... The candidate is actually a doctor, you'd think he'd be more health conscious.

Leo the Lion, eh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Off every traffic sign the length of the Navan Road in Dublin Central, there are red flags flying (not so) high for Labour. Makes me nostalgic for the Soviet Union. :D

Advertisement